Solved

O365 Self Service Portal

• 26 January 2022
  • 6 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi Folks,

I think I remember hearing that Veeam was coming out with their own Self Service Portal for O365. I can’t remember where I heard this (VeeamONUpdate?). Does anyone remember? And would this be based on the previous unofficial Portal that was on the VeeamGitHub site?

cheers

Geoff

icon

Best answer by jorge.delacruz 26 January 2022, 17:31

View original

6 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Check here Geoff with Niels - Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 Self-Service Web Portal v4.2 release | Virtual Bits & Bytes (foonet.be)

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Thanks Chris! :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hello Geoff,

I do not think it is based on Neils code, but of course some of the logic would be there leveraging API Calls, etc. But I am not a Developer or PM, so hope Neils can add his view if he can.

So far, for what I have seen, VBO v6 Self Service Portal is based on same framework as the rest of Veeam Backup for AWS/Azure/GCP, etc.

I put together a good write up about the things included on the beta, included how to enable the self-service portal, hope it helps:

Best regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

v6 of VBO will have an integrated self service portal: https://jorgedelacruz.uk/2021/05/26/veeam-announces-veeam-backup-for-microsoft-office-365-v6-self-service-portal-and-native-integration-with-azure-archive-and-aws-s3-glacier/

@jorge.delacruz You were 1 minute faster :sweat_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hello Geoff,

I do not think it is based on Neils code, but of course some of the logic would be there leveraging API Calls, etc. But I am not a Developer or PM, so hope Neils can add his view if he can.

So far, for what I have seen, VBO v6 Self Service Portal is based on same framework as the rest of Veeam Backup for AWS/Azure/GCP, etc.

I put together a good write up about the things included on the beta, included how to enable the self-service portal, hope it helps:

Best regards

Fantastic thanks Jorge!

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hello Geoff,

Best regards

Amazing, nice @jorge.delacruz 
I already viewed before your site! :clap_tone1:

Comment