Mastering Veeam Backup & Replication v11 -- PUBLISHED

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

"Mastering Veeam Backup & Replication 11" is now in publication (since February 2022) and is ready to order either the book or e-book/kindle.

Well, since writing my first book on v10, I debated to myself about writing the update of the book to v11.  It took me some time to process and think about if I wanted to do it, which I then took the plunge.  This time, the process was much smoother as I had already done the first book and understood the templates, formatting, etc.  The team at Packt worked with me again and my busy schedule to create something I think that everyone will enjoy reading.  Whether you are a newbie with Veeam or a seasoned expert, you can learn something I think from this book.

Protect your cloud, virtual, and on-premises environments by implementing Veeam's powerful backup and replication technology

Key Features

• Gain in-depth knowledge of CDP and Hardened Repositories to use in your virtual environment
  • Explore Veeam's monitoring and reporting utility - Veeam ONE - along with Linux proxy enhancements
  • Work with the new Veeam Disaster Recovery Orchestrator (VDRO) for testing failovers and backups.

Book Description

Veeam is one of the leading modern data protection solutions, making it a necessary skill for anyone responsible for securing virtual environments.  This new second edition of Mastering Veeam Backup & Replication is updated to cover Veeam version 11.  This book guides you through implementing modern data protection solutions for your cloud and virtual infrastructure with Veeam, all while mastering advanced concepts such as CDP, Extended Object Storage support, Veeam ONE enhancements, and VDRO.

Starting with Veeam essentials, including installation, best practices, and optimizations for Veeam Backup & Replication, you'll get to grips with the 3-2-1-1-0 rule to safeguard data.  You'll understand how to set up a backup server, proxies, repositories, and more and then advance to cover a powerful feature of Veeam 11 – Continuous Data Protection (CDP).  As you progress, you'll learn about immutability (also known as hardened repositories) and discover best practices for creating them.  In the concluding chapters, you'll explore the new proxy option available in Linux and become well-versed with advanced topics such as CDP, extended object storage support, Veeam ONE enhancements, and VDRO.

By the end of this book, you'll be equipped with the skills you need to implement Veeam Backup & Replication for securing your environment and disaster recovery.

What you will learn

• Discover the advanced concepts of Veeam Backup & Replication 11
  • Master application optimization based on Veeam best practices
  • Get to grips with configuring CDP and working with repositories and proxies
  • Explore ways to protect your backups with immutable hardened repositories
  • Understand the enhancements to backups, instant recovery, and Linux proxies
  • Explore the Veeam ONE enhancements
  • Become well versed in Veeam Disaster Recovery Orchestrator

Who This Book Is For

This Veeam backup book is for IT professionals who have intermediate to advanced-level knowledge of virtualization and backups and backup applications.  Anyone who needs a reference guide for learning the advanced features of Veeam Backup & Replication and how they are used, including best practices and optimizations, will also find this book helpful.

Table of Contents

1. Installing and Upgrading Veeam
  2. The 3-2-1-1-0 Rule – Keeping Data Safe
  3. CDP – Continuous Data Protection
  4. Immutability – Hardened Repositories
  5. Backup Enhancements – Jobs, Copy Jobs, Restores, and More
  6. Expanded Object Storage Support – Capacity and Archive Tiers
  7. Linux Proxy Enhancements
  8. Instant Recovery
  9. Veeam ONE v11
  10. Veeam Disaster Recovery Orchestrator (Orchestrator)

While some of the book chapters got a refresh for v11, there are many new chapters on the latest and exciting features of v11a, including a first look at Veeam Disaster Recovery Orchestrator.  I believe it will be a great reference guide as well once you have completed it to quickly refer back to when doing a new deployment or possibly trying to remember something about CDP.  It might just be helpful for the VMCE exam and an additional study resource.

So I hope I have piqued your interest, and if so you can order the book below at the link to Packt Publishing and Amazon, where the Kindle version is available, and the paperback will be shortly.

Order the book/e-book here - Mastering Veeam Backup & Replication 11

45 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I just preordered my paperback copy on Amazon :heart_eyes:

To everyone who are giving a think to buy it, I can say I read previous @Chris.Childerhose book and it was a life changing book in terms of knowledge.

SUPER RECOMMENDED.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I just preordered my paperback copy on Amazon :heart_eyes:

To everyone who are giving a think to buy it, I can say I read previous @Chris.Childerhose book and it was a life changing book in terms of knowledge.

SUPER RECOMMENDED.

Thanks for the kind words Marco. :thumbsup_tone2:

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Can’t wait for mine to be delivered 😁

Well done Chris!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Can’t wait for mine to be delivered 😁

Well done Chris!

Thanks Michael.  Yeah I am waiting on my freebies to come.  :joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Chris.Childerhose Congratulations again. I have re-ordered your book.:grinning:

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Chris.ChilderhoseCongratulations again. I have re-ordered your book.:grinning:

Thanks Victor. I just got my email and my freebies are on the way to me too. 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Just checked on a big bookselling website 😏, it will be available at 9th of march.

I have set a preorder… 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Just checked on a big bookselling website 😏, it will be available at 9th of march.

I have set a preorder… 😎

That will get updated as it published yesterday and Packt site is current and Amazon will update I think by Monday. So not sure what site that is but it is available now. 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Congratulations @Chris.Childerhose I am really looking forward to reading it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Congratulations @Chris.Childerhose I am really looking forward to reading it. 

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Chris.Childerhose hopefully on Monday my delivery estimate will update then 😁 seems strange your book was cheaper on Amazon than directly from Packt!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I have set a preorder… 😎

That will get updated as it published yesterday and Packt site is current and Amazon will update I think by Monday. So not sure what site that is but it is available now. 😁

Ok, we will see 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Congratulations on your new release @Chris.Childerhose! I hope I'll find time to read it soon 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Chris.Childerhose hopefully on Monday my delivery estimate will update then 😁 seems strange your book was cheaper on Amazon than directly from Packt!

I think there was a discount on Amazon that is why.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Congratulations on your new release @Chris.Childerhose! I hope I'll find time to read it soon 😊

Thanks. It is worth the read 😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks, though I would suggest most people buy directly from Packt as you get an ebook edition with the paperback 🙂

Now to wait until the Veeam Legends assemble to fanboy asking for @Chris.Childerhose to sign my book!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks, though I would suggest most people buy directly from Packt as you get an ebook edition with the paperback 🙂

Now to wait until the Veeam Legends assemble to fanboy asking for @Chris.Childerhose to sign my book!

🤣🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Great news Chris!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Great work and news! This book is not available in Amazon France instead of the V10 :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Great news Chris!

Thanks Wolfgang

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Great work and news! This book is not available in Amazon France instead of the V10 :(

Thanks.  It should be soon as I was waiting for Amazon to update to fix the Chapter 10 description. :joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Awesome @Chris.Childerhose , Congratulations ! Highly recommended and will share within my circle.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Awesome @Chris.Childerhose , Congratulations ! Highly recommended and will share within my circle.

Thanks Inder. :grin:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Congrats, Chris! Wonderful work!

I’ll wait for an amazon promotion because for us here in Brazil it’s too expensive right know. :joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Congrats, Chris! Wonderful work!

I’ll wait for an amazon promotion because for us here in Brazil it’s too expensive right know. :joy:

Thanks

Comment