How to fix Veeam unable to allocate processing resources issues. Error unable to find Hyper-V hosts where VM 'xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxis registered

• 16 October 2023
  • 4 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
  • Veeam Vanguard, Veeam Legend
  • 192 comments

If the backup jobs fail and show an error message is “Unable to allocate processing resources. Error: Unable to find Hyper-V hosts where VM 'xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx' is registered: Failed to connect to Hyper-V Integration Service on host, port 6163”.

I tried to review the settings, and all of them look fine, but the backup jobs failed always. I have run into these issues sometimes, it’s easy to solve, you just need to reboot the Veeam management server or restart the Veeam services of the Veeam management server.

4 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Now that is an easy fix - reboot.  Good old Microsoft fix.  🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

“Did you reboot it?” 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Reboot is one of the solutions to solved issues for Microsoft always. 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Back when I worked in hosting, it was fun how the linux team would poke at us Windows folks about rebooting.  They talked about how stable their OS was, and stated that if they had issues on their side, it was typically due to poor coding of the application that was running on their box.  And to be fair, I think it probably was, but I think that the same is true, perhaps to a lesser degree, but true nonetheless for Windows as well.  Windows has gotten very stable overall, but there’s always something in there mucking things up, and more often than not, it feels like an app that isn’t cleaning up after itself, has memory leaks, etc.

Comment