Demonstration of Four-Eyes Authorization

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Veeam Backup and Replication release 12.1 delivers new features and enhancements.

Among them is the Four-Eyes Authorization.

In this video, there is a brief demonstration. I hope this information is helpful!

13 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Really liking this new feature. Nice to see it in action.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Cool to see.  I hadn’t considered it, but it looks like if you want to disable four eyes, it also requires four eyes to turn it off.  I also didn’t realize it sends emails for turning on and off four eyes authorization which is cool to see.  Nicely done.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Cool to see.  I hadn’t considered it, but it looks like if you want to disable four eyes, it also requires four eyes to turn it off.  I also didn’t realize it sends emails for turning on and off four eyes authorization which is cool to see.  Nicely done.

Yes, the process of turn-on/off is very interesting. Thanks, @dloseke!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Well then that will ensure we enable this the right way to begin with.  😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

My only question is if Nick Fury becomes a backup admin because the whole Avengers thing didn’t work out, and only has one functional eye, will four-eyes authorization work even if there’s only three eyes?  😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

My only question is if Nick Fury becomes a backup admin because the whole Avengers thing didn’t work out, and only has one functional eye, will four-eyes authorization work even if there’s only three eyes?  😉

😁😁😁

What would happen if one of the backup admin accounts was compromised, they went onto the Veeam server and added an Encryption password to the backup?  Would Four Eyes raise this as a request or would this still be allowed as a function?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

What would happen if one of the backup admin accounts was compromised, they went onto the Veeam server and added an Encryption password to the backup?  Would Four Eyes raise this as a request or would this still be allowed as a function?  

Four-Eyes would catch that and wait for approval and then decline if not approved.

Userlevel 1

This could become a useful feature, however in it’s current release it’s rather flawed. We discovered an issue that when we turned on four-eyes authorization our VEEAM config backup copies stopped working. Seems that the fix for this will be released during the 12.1.1 patch, so it looks like we can’t utilize this until then… :-(

Userlevel 1

https://forums.veeam.com/veeam-backup-replication-f2/file-copy-of-configuration-backup-not-working-on-v12-1-with-4-eyes-authorization-t91483.html

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks for sharing this. We have our config backups going offsite to begin with so don't need to copy them but see where it is useful.  Will watch this post for the fix.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks for sharing, @kirst.mcleod ! Let´s wait for this fix. as mentioned by @Chris.Childerhose there is no impact if it is not necessary to copy the config backups.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Very helpful to see it in action. Great video

Comment