Back to Veeam University!

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hello, Veeam Community!

For the most experienced users of Veeam products this post won’t be a big news, but this will surely be a big help for those taking their first steps with Veeam.

Often times we are asked “where do I start with my new Veeam product?” or “does Veeam offer free certification?”, and our answer is go “back to Veeam University!”

Veeam University is a FREE online training portal for all users of Veeam products and it offers a wide range of on-demand educational resources. No matter how well you know Veeam products, you will find something for yourself:

1. Guided product onboarding pathways from A to Z for your first-time deployment 

These FREE online onboarding pathways were compiled together based on customer feedback and coupled with best practices from Veeam Technical Onboarding Managers and Solutions Architects.

They feature everything you need to know from day one of using the product, all in bite-size content, starting from your account and license admin setup, architecture and sizing, creating your first backup and restore jobs and the top data protection best practices.

Stay tuned for more of the Veeam solutions explained. And after you complete the onboarding modules, don’t forget to 

• Answer the knowledge checks to prove your new skills 
  • Grab your FREE certificate for courses completion here 

1. For those who already have some basic knowledge, but want to refresh on a specific Veeam function or make a certain type of restore, we recommend digesting these libraries of how-to demos:

Didn’t pass a knowledge check the first time? No worries, take your time to retake it and make sure to earn the Community badges as a reward for your progress:

To wrap up:

• With Veeam University you get an opportunity to grow as a Veeam pro and broaden your skill set, no matter your previous experience.
  • Veeam University is FREE for everybody, and no separate registration needed: use your Veeam Community/veeam.com credentials to sign in.
  • You can obtain a FREE Veeam certification upon onboarding trainings completion (Veeam University is also an excellent prep work for VMCE/VMCA courses 😉).

Did you know?

We’re hoping you enjoy the trainings and see you at Veeam University!

P.S. Here’s a nice bonus for you – the FULLEST recap of all other useful Veeam resources to stay current on Veeam technology.

47 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

As far as I know, I have completed all resources on the University, however I do not seem to have received the badge. Do I need to do something else?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

As far as I know, I have completed all resources on the University, however I do not seem to have received the badge. Do I need to do something else?

Same for me :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Stabz  and @mkevenaar , I will check on that! Might have to do with the API. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Nice,
Will check If I have everything done, I have the two diplomas, but not sure if there is something else to be done!

cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Did you pay the Burke $20 subscriber fee? Often this step is forgotten but easy to fix :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Yes same here I just did both pathways and yet not badge no certification, most of all where are my points!!! :) :) 

Plus I heard a rumour that you get a brand new Veeam Paddle board if you complete (also need a wet suit since here in Canada it is a bit cold right now -8, we would not want our backup job to Freeze :) :) )

😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Joking aside, I have been going through all the sections, and this I believe, unless my memory is incorrect, I don’t think you can use Re-IP for Cloud Connect Replication Jobs, again may have changed but I seem to think that was the case @Madi.Cristil  can you check with the Uni Team? Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

It was a question in the Cloud Connect Replication section 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

There were some new topics in University.
I think, I have completed them all now.

Let’s see 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

There were some new topics in University.
I think, I have completed them all now.

Let’s see 😎

Yeah I noticed that too and have been trying to get through them as well :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Wow that was fast @Madi.Cristil :) I got my certs :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Me too, I do not receive the University PRO badge.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Wow that was fast @Madi.Cristil :) I got my certs :)

Certs, yes. Badge, no 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Wow that was fast @Madi.Cristil :) I got my certs :)

@Geoff Burke Congrats!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Guys, will look into it and see why you don't get the Pro Badge! Will get back to you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Great stuff! I completed all mine & don’t see any certs in my account yet? @Madi.Cristil 
UPDATE: Now received...thank you!

BTW...Veeam University is how I started my Veeam certification journey (pre-VMCE days 4yrs ago). :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Same story as everyone else, got the certs, not the badge :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

now all says “completed”.
very exiting and funny, 
the quiz for each chapter, sometimes failing and getting pissed off!!

but I enjoy it a lot!

thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Same story as everyone else, got the certs, not the badge :)

Badge… its all about the Badge :) :) https://media.giphy.com/media/NcynAaD8PMrtu/giphy.gif

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

@MicoolPaul  I just had to leverage my new skill.. I am so out of it, I only discovered the giphy thingy.. that is what happens when you go down linux and Kubernetes rabbit holes and come out years later.. the world has changed!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Geoff Burke 

Yes, there is a world out of colour and not just black and white 😎😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

On another note doing the whole VeeamUNI has given me a Niagara Falls of Hub Points. I had better watch it, I don’t want to become a point addict!! For any of you who have fallen to “excessive point appetite” pandemic.. please watch this and substitute the word for drugs with HUB POINTS!!! It’s not too late 🤣😀 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Joking aside, I have been going through all the sections, and this I believe, unless my memory is incorrect, I don’t think you can use Re-IP for Cloud Connect Replication Jobs, again may have changed but I seem to think that was the case @Madi.Cristil  can you check with the Uni Team? Thanks

Hey @Geoff Burke nice catch, thank you! 

"A tenant cannot specify Re-IP rules for VM replicas on the cloud host. At the process of the replication job configuration, if a tenant selects the Re-IP option and then selects the cloud host as a replication target, Veeam Backup & Replication will disable the Re-IP option."

The knowledge check has been updated https://veeam.looop.co/topic/464840

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@MicoolPaul  I just had to leverage my new skill.. I am so out of it, I only discovered the giphy thingy.. that is what happens when you go down linux and Kubernetes rabbit holes and come out years later.. the world has changed!!!

Wait till you discover you can make your own GIFs, and embed them into comments on here!

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Wait till you discover you can make your own GIFs, and embed them into comments on here!

I was worried that would get me banned :)  this way is safer… i.e. if you Trust Geoff Burke press the link, if not… :)

Comment