Friday Study Sessions

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello,

I wanted to start the discussion around the proposed weekly study sessions on Friday’s and see what time works best for the majority of you all in the EmpowHer VMCE program.

Sessions will run for one hour, once a week, for the next 6 months.  Bring any questions that you have, and we will go over the VMCE courseware, Veeam User Guide, practice questions, and demos from my home lab.

Once we get a time on Friday established, I can send out the Zoom or Teams invitations.  Let me know if Zoom or Teams works better for you all.

Sincerely,

Chris Huss

Veeam & VMware Certified Instructor

21 comments

That is awesome. Thank you so much! 

I’m good any time except 1-2 and Teams works best for me, but Zoom is still doable.

Thanks again for doing this Chris! 

Usually before 2 is best for me.  Teams is easier, but Zoom will be fine too.

Badge

Hi Chris!!

I can make work whatever the majority goes with.

(It's Sara. Not sure if my username got changed to something more identifiable lol)

Hi guys!!! Nice to be home but miss learning stuff with you guys :)

Thanks for doing this Chris. I can’t do Fridays between 930 and 1130 am Central time.  Any other time would work.  Teams would work best for me but can do either

Hi Chris,

Thank you for setting these sessions up, before two is best for me as well :)

Hi Chris,

Thank you for this. I’m available on Fridays from 11am - 3pm EST, and Zoom or Teams is fine.

Afternoons usually work best for me.

Hey Chris afternoons are the best time when i’m available. Also Zoom works better my work does not allow us to use Teams unfortunately. 

Thank you @terri.jones

Hi! I’m available most Fridays between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Eastern.  Teams works best for me, but I can make Zoom work as well. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello again everyone. 

It looks like I need to run 2 sessions on Fridays to accommodate morning and afternoon availability...as well as the different time zones we are in.

I was thinking about 10am and 2pm or 11am and 3pm (Eastern time) on Fridays.  I have a Zoom Pro account that uses my cell phone number as the Zoom ID...that way, it’s the same ID for both sessions if you wanted to join either one.

I can send out the invitations after New Year’s Day and maybe have our first sessions on January 5, 2024.

Let me know what you all think about the proposed times above.  Email me at chris.huss@veeam.com if you want me to send you the Zoom invitations.

We can go over the practice questions that you have available under your veeam.lochoice.com account...and can go over other questions you have about the materials we covered in the VMCE v12 class.

Chris Huss

11 a.m. Eastern works for me.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Zoom invitations have been sent out for the Friday sessions at 11am and 3pm (eastern time).  If you haven’t received an invite yet, email me at chris.huss@veeam.com

Chris Huss

Hi all,

I think I'm late here, but can I join this session as well? 😊

Userlevel 2
Badge

I would like to join the session as well

Userlevel 1

Friday morning’s are usually a good time for me between 9 and 12 Arizona Time.  Happy Friday :) 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I will start a session on Monday, 11 AM CET, for one hour. This is EMEA focused from a schedule point of view, but anyone can join - just let me know if you haven’t attended one of my classes. Looking at the first session on January 29.

Razvan Ionescu 

Excellent initiative, I would like to be included in these sessions. Thank you very much.

Userlevel 3
Badge

If you all would like to study for the VMCE exam on the beach this Summer, check out the June 2 all day study session that me and some co-workers are hosting at VeeamOn this year.  You can even use your exam voucher from the EmpowHer VMCE program to take the exam while you are at VeeamOn.

https://www.veeam.com/veeamon

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey ladies!

I just got my hands on the 12.1 materials.  I will be reviewing these during our Friday study hall sessions.

I stopped the 3pm session due to low attendance, but will still keep the 11am (eastern) session for the next month or so.  I want to help all of you pass this exam asap.

Chris Huss

Userlevel 3
Badge

Ok ladies,

I will continue to run the 11am Zoom session on Friday for a few more weeks...with our last session ending on May 3.  It looks like there is another VMCE study hall initiative in the communities and they can pick up where we left off. 

In reality, I think you all are ready to take the exam, just get with Federica for your exam voucher.

Reach out to me if you have any questions or if you want a one-on-one before you take the exam.

Chris Huss

Comment