Solved

Wasabi Backup with Community Edition

• 12 October 2023
  • 2 comments

Userlevel 1

HI guys,

I am using Veeam Community edition 12 in my home environment. Thinking about getting Wasabi bucket with immutable space. Found that Veeam is supporting Wasabi as from this article https://knowledgebase.wasabi.com/hc/en-us/articles/11914197710747 . Is support included for Wasabi in Community Edition?

How will Backup work? In my case my servers are at home on a proxmox host. My home and a remote data center is connected via wireguard. In that data center I have a linux machine which I want to back up to Wasabi ( currently pulled to local repository at home) . How does the data flow? Directly from datacenters Linux server to wasabi, or first down to my veeam server at home?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by MicoolPaul 12 October 2023, 13:22

View original

2 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi, community edition doesn’t give you the “rights” to backup to object storage, only restore from (if you can’t get your license in a DR and had to rebuild your VBR server you could recover still is the point)

Data flows depend on your architecture. Proxmox isn’t supported as a hypervisor so you’d be using the Veeam Agent in guest. Traffic flow will depend whether you utilise the agent in standalone or managed states amongst other things, but your biggest restriction currently is needing to get a full Veeam license 🙂

Userlevel 1

Hi, community edition doesn’t give you the “rights” to backup to object storage, only restore from (if you can’t get your license in a DR and had to rebuild your VBR server you could recover still is the point)

Data flows depend on your architecture. Proxmox isn’t supported as a hypervisor so you’d be using the Veeam Agent in guest. Traffic flow will depend whether you utilise the agent in standalone or managed states amongst other things, but your biggest restriction currently is needing to get a full Veeam license 🙂

I was hoping to get another answer, but I expected it to be this way :-) . Thanks for clarification. Don’t think I will buy a license just to backup one Linux computer in the cloud.

Comment