Skip to main content

I cannot access my network share as backup target with the new VeeamWindowsAgent 6.2.0.121. I am using windows 11. The network share on the NAS is protected with credentials. I can access the same share in windows if I manually add a network connection in windows 11. I also have configured the same share with an older version 3.0.1.1039 of the VeeamWindowsAgent on an other system. 

• Ensure that the correct network credentials (username and password) are saved in Windows Credential Manager for the NAS share.
  • In Veeam Agent, reconfigure the backup job and verify that the network share path is correctly specified, including any necessary drive letter or full UNC path.
  • Verify that the Veeam Agent service has sufficient permissions to access the network share, matching those you use manually in Windows.
  • Disable SMB signing/encryption if it's enabled on either the NAS or Windows system, as Veeam might struggle with certain NAS models.
  • Compare network protocols or SMB versions used in the older Veeam Agent and adjust settings in the NAS or Windows network stack.

What your Win11 version? Is this the same on both systems?

Had the same issue in the past with an extreme long password...maybe you can check the length.

Are there restrictions within the NAS system, e.g. IP source restrictions?

What your Win11 version? Is this the same on both systems?

@surfspider: It makes no sense, to ask the community for help without further following the discussion! :😠

If you yourself found a solution, please let us know.

By the way: Use “winver” to ask for Win11 version and build

Comment