Solved

Virtual lab supports maximum of 9 networks

• 19 December 2023
  • 7 comments

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi All,

Last week on the VUG Belux event I brought up the Virtual lab supports maximum of 9 networks.
For Surebackup. What is also described in this kb
https://www.veeam.com/kb4353
There they state there is no way to bypass this limit.
On the location somebody told there is via Powershell.
Do we have an example of this and is it then also shown in the GUI?

Thanks,
Benny

icon

Best answer by MicoolPaul 19 December 2023, 18:04

View original

7 comments

Hi,

That must be specific for VMware.

I have a customer where I created a Virtual Lab with almost 30 networks on a Hyper-V environment.

Created them in the GUI with no errors.

Virtual lab has all the isolated NICs

The only thing I had to do, was adding extra RAM and CPU on the Virtual Lab, otherwise it would not boot...

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi, the 10 vNIC limit is on VMware due to vSphere limitations: VMware Configuration Maximum tool

I’m not aware of any PowerShell that would leave you in a supported state and also exceeding the maximum number of vNICs supported by VMware.

Hyper-V does not have the same limitations, instead from Windows Server 2019 it’s up to 68: Plan for Hyper-V scalability in Windows Server | Microsoft Learn

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Strange this time Hyperv outperforms Vmware 😜

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

@De Cock

I’ll put @jos.maliepaard in this conversation. He was the person who said you could exceed this limit using commandline. But as @MicoolPaul mentioned, it seems to be a VMWare limitation, so I’m afraid if Veeam could exceed this.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks @kristofpoppe. Yes I agree I believe this is a VMware limitation and it was a mix up with Hyper-V
where this limitation is different.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Indeed the hypervisor was Hyper-V in this case. Sorry for the inconvenience from my side. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

We worked on another case on VMware. We did choose for VLAN mapping, then there is not a limitation of 10 networks. 

let me know if this works for you

Comment