DevOps with a hint of Kubernetes

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I wrote this blog post a few weeks back and wanted to share in here to see who has opinions on learning DevOps, I personally don’t think DevOps = Kubernetes or is at least not exclusive, a lot of the DevOps topics mentioned in this post is very much relevant to virtualisation and cloud based environments as well.

thoughts?

2 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

As with all “terms” their semantic meanings can be fluid and over time change. I believe if I understand correctly the term is derived from developer operations, so the emphasis is on maintaining dev environments for developers which developers partially partake in, hence the name. I think I just confused myself :). We will see what the future holds for us and what we will be called :) I prefer Jedi Knights myself!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Yeah the term being banded about is “PlatformOps” but I actually believe that role gets merged or blended in with DevOps over time. I think its about automating what you can when it comes to building infrastructure and applications, which means you have to have a knowledge of lots of different areas and pull them together. But its not a “this is devops today and thats it” this is going to evolve over time.

Comment