#90DaysOfDevOps - 2023 Edition

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey Everyone, hope everyone is well and all good? 

We started the 2023 edition of the learning repository, covering in a little more detail the security side of things in DevSecOps before heading back to the topics that we did not have time for in 2022. 

https://github.com/MichaelCade/90DaysOfDevOps/blob/main/2023.md 

We are over half way through now and on track to complete again on March 31st. 2023 was a little different in that I asked some of my friends in the community to lend a hand and give their perspective on their subject matter and provide the content. 

This has been great not only for my typing hands (110k words in 2022 on this) but also for me to be learning first hand from these people in the community that live and breathe this daily. 

Let me ask a few questions, did you walk through the 2022 edition?

Where are you on your DevOps learning journey?

What content is missing in the world around learning DevOps? 

What topics are we missing between 2022 and 2023 editions of #90DaysOfDevOps ? 

7 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

First, thank you for all this great content.

I am not through all the 2022 content up to now… 😎 I am trying to catch up one topic after the other.

But when I see the speed you are creating more content…. it will take way more time for me. 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Great Content. Make no mistake this is excellent for beginners and experience folks alike. We are forced to learn things so fast that inevitably we tend to miss some areas. By going over the 90 days you can make sure that you have touched all the bases!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks Joe, you never have to keep up. I am also sure you know some of these topics much more advanced than covered here. Has to be done at your own pace. 

I am hoping to get some video content as not everyone likes to read or get hands on and there are gaps I have found in searching for some topics on YouTube. I just need more time to make that happen. 

The next big project alongside this is VeeamON and all the great Kubernetes, DevOps and Learning Cloud-Native things we have planned. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks Geoff, I hope me showing some vulnerability in not knowing everything is clear and that it is fine for us all to always be learning and we won’t know everything. 

We have to accept that but also accept that our field is constantly changing. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Thanks Joe, you never have to keep up. I am also sure you know some of these topics much more advanced than covered here. Has to be done at your own pace. 

I am hoping to get some video content as not everyone likes to read or get hands on and there are gaps I have found in searching for some topics on YouTube. I just need more time to make that happen. 

The next big project alongside this is VeeamON and all the great Kubernetes, DevOps and Learning Cloud-Native things we have planned. 

Joe, that was my secret code name.. ah you have blown my Veeam Hub Cover 🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Thanks Geoff, I hope me showing some vulnerability in not knowing everything is clear and that it is fine for us all to always be learning and we won’t know everything. 

We have to accept that but also accept that our field is constantly changing. 

For certain. Kubernetes can be very humbling. Just when I thought I had hit a certain level something new comes up and I realise that I am right back at square one. The great thing though is that Kubernetes is just a lot of fun so the ups and downs are like those different levels in video games, brings out all the emotions but you always come back for more :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Looking forward to catching up myself this year to learn Tanzu and Kubernetes since we are moving that direction this year.  So will be using this content as well as any new 2023 content.

Comment