Question

VSPC v7 upgrade issue

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi guys,

I’ve just updated Veeam Service Provider Console from v6 to v7 and I got a communication error during Web UI component upgrade.

Web UI is installed on a different server and subnet than VSPC server component.

I checked the open ports and they were correct.

By opening all the ports between the Web UI and the server the installation went fine.

Has this ever happened to you? is it possible that the documentation is wrong and something has changed from v6?

Unfortunately, I did not check whether it used any other port than the one in the documentation. (TCP,UDP 1989)

Thanks

Marco S.

16 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I’ve not run into this, but I have a very small deployment, so my VCC deployment is on the same server as the VSPC.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Update: I asked on Veeam forum, there is another port to open: TCP 9999 for file level restore!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Update: I asked on Veeam forum, there is another port to open: TCP 9999 for file level restore!

Interesting. 9999 was needed to be open between Management Agents and Console Server in v6 but now needs to be open between WebUI and Console as well. Thanks for sharing, @marco_s !

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Yes..it’s a new cool feature! 😎

Badge

Hi,

I’ve got an different issue.

At the finish, it starts to rollback and uninstall the verison 6 after all.

When try again, it asks for a new installation.

My environment have all in the same machine.

Hi,

I have the exact same problem. VBR and VSPC are also on the same machine. Support couldn’t find any helpful entries in the logs.

Badge

Hi,

I have the exact same problem. VBR and VSPC are also on the same machine. Support couldn’t find any helpful entries in the logs.

I’ve restored the machine backup and database return crashed and the upgrade runned. I don’t get if it is some related to the database or a database issue.

Hi,

I’ve restored the machine backup and database return crashed and the upgrade runned. I don’t get if it is some related to the database or a database issue.

I’ve sent our database to Veeam Support and they put it in their lab and there they could successfully upgrade to v7. So it have to be something else, at least in my case.

I have same problem. Upgrade not correct. Setups uninstall every thing during the installation % 90 after.  Help pelease. 

It doesn’t work for me… To which server should be access to TCP/9999? Is it VSPC Server?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @d3nz , this is the official documentation for ports details: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/vac/deployment/ports.html?ver=70

Hi @d3nz , this is the official documentation for ports details: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/vac/deployment/ports.html?ver=70

Hi @marco_s, I used this information. And at my screenshot this ports are opened to VSPC Server. Is it right? And so what the reason of my error?

ps: There wasn’t any changes at ACL/Firewall except opening 9999/TCP to VSPC Server from VSPC Web UI till VSPC was updated from v5 to v6.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Have you found something interesting on the upgrade logs?

Maybe it is better to open a support case..

Have you found something interesting on the upgrade logs?

Maybe it is better to open a support case..

We haven’t now support.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Try to look under C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Veeam Availability Console\Log\

It doesn’t work for me… To which server should be access to TCP/9999? Is it VSPC Server?

Solution is running MSI file of WebUI from mounted ISO image:

Comment