VMware Corner or Virtualization Corner Maybe?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I got to thinking the other day and wondered if adding something similar to Kubernetes Korner for VMware or even just Virtualization to cover off Hyper-V, KVM, etc.

Would this be something of interest first off and @Kseniya is this something we could do after consensus?

Virtualization Corner Addition to Community?

19 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Question is good. To be honest I do not have an answer now. On the one side it would be useful to separate content of different topics. On the other side, Veeam is very closely associated with virtualization software. So most of the posts covers Veeam and for example VMware. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Yeah I was thinking for things like the U3c post today, etc. those types of things or just specific to a hypervisor not Veeam related.  Guess we will see how voting goes. :joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I'm with Wolfgang here. On the one hand it could make sense, because the topic could be better separated, on the other hand Veeam is very much bundled with virtualization. If we separated technologies, where would we start and stop?

For Kubernetes it makes sense because it's a whole new topic and, from the Veeam perspective, a different business unit.

So yes and no 😅

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I think I agree here with @vNote42 and @regnor . Veeam is really all about virtual (well and physical etc) since that was what it was doing at its inception. Kubernetes is new and the goal also is to attract “non Veeam” people into the community and as a side benefit have them discover Veeam 🙂.

I would argue that a Kloud Korner might make more sense, i.e. Azure, AWS, Gcloud, IBM cloud since they too are not on prem hypervisor and I for one have a lot to learn there.

I guess what I am saying is that the Veeam Community Hub is already pretty much de facto the VMware Korner since the majority of topics touch on it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Ah. .how about a KLOG BLOG KORNER, teaching newbie dummies like me the art of blogging and Wordpress :). Just joking.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

So the no takes it. Was just a thought thanks guys 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I think I agree here with @vNote42 and @regnor . Veeam is really all about virtual (well and physical etc) since that was what it was doing at its inception. Kubernetes is new and the goal also is to attract “non Veeam” people into the community and as a side benefit have them discover Veeam 🙂.

I would argue that a Kloud Korner might make more sense, i.e. Azure, AWS, Gcloud, IBM cloud since they too are not on prem hypervisor and I for one have a lot to learn there.

I guess what I am saying is that the Veeam Community Hub is already pretty much de facto the VMware Korner since the majority of topics touch on it.

I do agree somewhat with this but on the other hand I don't as Veeam is backup not actually virtualization software which is what I was going for. But nonetheless we can continue on as is. 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @Chris.Childerhose - thanks for bringing this topic! :relaxed:

I second what @vNote42, @regnor and @Geoff Burke are saying, and believe that Veeam Community Hub is pretty much VMware-focused. 

BUT we consider creating a special space for AWS/Azure/GCP indeed! :blush:

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Chris.Childerhose - thanks for bringing this topic! :relaxed:

I second what @vNote42@regnor and @Geoff Burke are saying, and believe that Veeam Community Hub is pretty much VMware-focused. 

Sounds good. Was just a thought and one for those spaces would be good I think to learn more. 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Chris.Childerhose I think Virtualization Corner is fine as we know most of the things will be of VMware and we will include all other as well in that corner as we knew that it will be limited discussion on other virtualization platform( i am expecting)

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Chris.Childerhose I think Virtualization Corner is fine as we know most of the things will be of VMware and we will include all other as well in that corner as we knew that it will be limited discussion on other virtualization platform( i am expecting)

Thanks for the reply Inder.  We will see where this goes and what comes of it. :smiley:

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

yup for me

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I second what @vNote42@regnor and @Geoff Burke are saying, and believe that Veeam Community Hub is pretty much VMware-focused. 

@Kseniya 

Please give VBO365 some love too.  :joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@Kseniya

Please give VBO365 some love too.  :joy:

+1 @Kseniya :grin:

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Nutanix Corner?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Nutanix Corner?

Interesting :thinking:

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Nutanix Corner?

Interesting :thinking:

I’m pretty excited to see what Vmware can do now that they have parted from Dell.   However, while Vmware was being held back, Nutanix innovated pretty quickly and Veeam supported them along the way.   I don’t have any production Nutanix environments to manage, so I’m curious how things are going for Veeam admins on AHV platform.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I like the idea to have a virtualization corner even if most subjects could be Vmware centric because it’s the leader. There is a lots users of hyper-v and nutanix and for KVM the RHV Veeam integration will increase the question about that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I like the idea to have a virtualization corner even if most subjects could be Vmware centric because it’s the leader. There is a lots users of hyper-v and nutanix and for KVM the RHV Veeam integration will increase the question about that.

Not sure it will take off but we will see.

Comment