VMCE - ADO v1 Exam

Userlevel 5

Hi Guys,

I need some help please. I am going to do my exam in the next week.

In the textbook, there is the Design Scenario Part 1 and Part 2. Would anyone possibly have correct design scenarios - that i could possibly compare with what i have?

Also, is there any sites/content with test scenarios/questions to further test myself?

12 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

The ADO there is not much out there for practice tests.  If you have passed the VMCE you have the theory but I would suggest to read the user guides again as well as the Best Practice site for the formulas to calculate things like repo sizing and proxies.  Be sure to get lots of hands on and you will do fine. Find the best practices site here - https://www.veeambp.com/

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Nolzzz , as @Chris.Childerhose already mentioned, not much to find on internet for this exam. I can give you 2 extra links : VMCE-ADO Flash Cards - rhyshammond.com and Veeam VMCE-ADO practice exam - Backitup.online. Good luck with the exam. I did it a couple of years ago, I passed the first time, but it’s very hard, so be prepared ;-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@Nolzzz ...good luck on your exam. As the above has said...no real practice tests to take, other than what was offered. READ, then re-read the course Guide/Handbook, and you should be good to go. 

I did a post on my experience when I took it a few yrs ago. You can reference it here.

Cheers!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Nolzzz : Good Luck buddy !

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

My instructor said if the VMCE was the equivalent to VCP then VMCE-ADO was the equivalent to VCAP, and it certainly felt that way!

When I did the design scenarios on the course what was immediately clear was, as Veeam is vendor agnostic, there’s no single solution that they’re expecting you to reference. The exam is a focus on understanding designing solutions with performance, scalability and security in mind and an understanding of the features and specifically how they impact the above.

There are some great resources linked above to check out but I found it best to read the study guide that Veeam provide, and if something really surprised you or feels important, make a note of it and build your own study guide, if you’re dealing with certain topics daily you likely need to focus less study time to them so make more efficient use of your time and effort instead of re-reading stuff you already know.

You’ve got this!

Userlevel 5

My instructor said if the VMCE was the equivalent to VCP then VMCE-ADO was the equivalent to VCAP, and it certainly felt that way!

When I did the design scenarios on the course what was immediately clear was, as Veeam is vendor agnostic, there’s no single solution that they’re expecting you to reference. The exam is a focus on understanding designing solutions with performance, scalability and security in mind and an understanding of the features and specifically how they impact the above.

There are some great resources linked above to check out but I found it best to read the study guide that Veeam provide, and if something really surprised you or feels important, make a note of it and build your own study guide, if you’re dealing with certain topics daily you likely need to focus less study time to them so make more efficient use of your time and effort instead of re-reading stuff you already know.

You’ve got this!

Thank you….

Userlevel 5

@Nolzzz : Good Luck buddy !

Thank you

Userlevel 5

@Nolzzz ...good luck on your exam. As the above has said...no real practice tests to take, other than what was offered. READ, then re-read the course Guide/Handbook, and you should be good to go. 

I did a post on my experience when I took it a few yrs ago. You can reference it here.

Cheers!

Thank you….

Userlevel 5

@Nolzzz , as @Chris.Childerhose already mentioned, not much to find on internet for this exam. I can give you 2 extra links : VMCE-ADO Flash Cards - rhyshammond.com and Veeam VMCE-ADO practice exam - Backitup.online. Good luck with the exam. I did it a couple of years ago, I passed the first time, but it’s very hard, so be prepared ;-)

Thank you...

Userlevel 5

The ADO there is not much out there for practice tests.  If you have passed the VMCE you have the theory but I would suggest to read the user guides again as well as the Best Practice site for the formulas to calculate things like repo sizing and proxies.  Be sure to get lots of hands on and you will do fine. Find the best practices site here - https://www.veeambp.com/

Thank you...

Userlevel 5

Than you guys, i really appreciate your help and guidance.

I will definitely have a look at all suggestions.

Thanks again for the well wishes. :)

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

good luck

Comment