Solved

veeam license

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey guys,

If my license in veeam has come to an expiration, I should add new license from the same account right so it won’t cause an issue in backups?

icon

Best answer by regnor 23 March 2022, 05:37

View original

5 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

If you have a perpetual license, your backup jobs will continue to run. If you have a subscription license like VUL, your jobs will stop.

Also keep in mind that with an expired license you won't be able to contact support or install any updates.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi,

the account does not matter. You only need a valid license.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Some further insights:

• you can’t buy new perpetual socket licenses (assuming you wouldn’t want to anyway due to initial expense. I wouldn’t recommend getting new VUL perpetual due to initial expense too.)
  • if it’s VUL subscription, it doesn’t truly matter. Though I wouldn’t want multiple accounts it seems unnecessary.
  • you’ve mentioned working for customers in the past so it could be VCSP licensing you’re using. So that would be fine either way.
Userlevel 2

As part of my experience, the newly license will have a separate expiration date, but you can merge that to the first one so you don’t have to install an new application in it but it won’t change the license expiration date, you need to renew the support so it wouldn’t expire.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Another thing to add depending on your license type there is a grace period of 30 or 60 days the program will continue to run to allow you time to get a new license.

Comment