Question

Veeam backup service not start

I have a problem with starting the service 

The power supply cuts more than two hours after the power goes back on, the server starts working. Then the date of taking the backup is not taken and when the connection veeam work appears "failed to connect to veeam backup & replication server" After this start veeam services & start SQL serves are done manually after this is done naturally. 

please help.

thanks regard 

7 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi,

Check Windows Event viewer for any messages as to why it’s not working and also the logs within C:\ProgramData\Veeam, you’ll need to make sure the database is accessible for the backup service to start successfully, and if the database is hosted on another server, that your dependent services such as DNS are functioning so that the database FQDN can be resolved.

Let us know what your logs say.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Also check the services to ensure they are set to automatically start which they should but also the Recovery options as well.  Also check what Michael suggested as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

If you’re needing to get the Veeam services started, you could create a Windows Task and run a BATCH or PoSH Script every so often to check those services and if not running, to start them. Of course, you want them to start on their own. Hopefully the VBR or Windows logs shed some light on what the cause may be.

Userlevel 5
Badge

My two cents.

1.Default timeout for any Windows service to start is 30 seconds. When a VBR is rebooted or back from power cut some of the services fails to start within 30 seconds as a result VBR service or SQL Server Service , etc will not be in a running state and we may have to start them manually.

2.Adding the below registry key on the VBR increases the timeout value , as a result Windows Service Control Manager would wait for longer for the services to start .

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\ServicesPipeTimeout= 600000(REG_DWORD)

I would certainly review the Windows Event Viewer logs to see what;s happening in the background.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

My two cents.

1.Default timeout for any Windows service to start is 30 seconds. When a VBR is rebooted or back from power cut some of the services fails to start within 30 seconds as a result VBR service or SQL Server Service , etc will not be in a running state and we may have to start them manually.

2.Adding the below registry key on the VBR increases the timeout value , as a result Windows Service Control Manager would wait for longer for the services to start .

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\ServicesPipeTimeout= 600000(REG_DWORD)

I would certainly review the Windows Event Viewer logs to see what;s happening in the background.

That is interesting about the registry key and I will need to look in to that further.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @Ahmed Ibrahim - were you able to solve this issue and if so what was the fix for it?  If you can post here and then mark the best answer from the other posts that helped you or if you solve it post the answer and mark that as best answer.  Looking forward to hearing if you fixed it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @Ahmed Ibrahim  - I just wanted to follow up to see if you were able to resolve your issue with one of the posted comments or if you found another solution.  If you could update the thread and if one of the comments helped you mark that as best answer or if you found another solution post it and then mark it as best answer that would be great.  It will help others and the community to get answers/details for similar problems.

Comment