Solved

Veeam Backup & Replication 10 Console

Userlevel 4

hi all 

i try to remote to Veeam server backup from other machine :windows server 2016 by using Veeam Backup & Replication  Console appear 

icon

Best answer by MicoolPaul 19 December 2020, 16:39

View original

10 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Without any research I would guess some troubles with .Net Framework. Which version is installed? 

I guess, you installed remote console in the same version you server is running? 

Userlevel 4

Without any research I would guess some troubles with .Net Framework. Which version is installed? 

I guess, you installed remote console in the same version you server is running? 

i installed Veeam 10

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Requirements for the console are (v10):

• .Net 4.7.2
  • Windows Installer 4.5
  • PowerShell 2 or above
  • Firefox/Chrome/Edge/IE11

I believe the point vNote42 is making is that it’s more than just v9.5 or v10, there are patches too, so if you’re using GA of console but v10a is installed on the server, that’s not right as they should be using the same software version. To be safe patch both to latest, Veeam community post about latest patch here:

Userlevel 4

• .Net 4.7.2
  • Windows Installer 4.5
  • PowerShell 2 or above

I believe the point vNote42 is making is that it’s more than just v9.5 or v10, there are patches too, so if you’re using GA of console but v10a is installed on the server, that’s not right as they should be using the same software version. To be safe patch both to latest, Veeam community post about latest patch here:

Not compatible with windows server 2016

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

• .Net 4.7.2
  • Windows Installer 4.5
  • PowerShell 2 or above

Sorry, what do you mean by “not compatible”?

As @MicoolPaul  meant: it will not work, when you run for example VBR v10a and Console in version v10 GA - or vice versa. To avoid this, install/update VBR and remote Console with the same ISO-file. 

Userlevel 4

• .Net 4.7.2
  • Windows Installer 4.5
  • PowerShell 2 or above

Sorry, what do you mean by “not compatible”?

As @MicoolPaul  meant: it will not work, when you run for example VBR v10a and Console in version v10 GA - or vice versa. To avoid this, install/update VBR and remote Console with the same ISO-file. 

i mean i installed vrb at windows server 2016

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Veeam B&R v10 is absolutely fine on server 2016, they support that OS as well as both older and newer OS’s. 

Best thing to do is patch Veeam v10 to the latest update and then update your machine that has the console with the same update file.

Windows Server 2016 comes with IE11 and a higher version of PowerShell than the required v2. Windows Installer 4.5 is ancient so again, you’re covered by this in your more modern OS. The only manual remediation I’d anticipate is .Net as unless you’re using a different custom image by default Windows Server 2016 comes with .Net 4.6.2. So grab the latest .Net version available and you’ll be fine.

If you’ve still got issues after updating Veeam and .Net, let us know :)

Userlevel 4

Veeam B&R v10 is absolutely fine on server 2016, they support that OS as well as both older and newer OS’s. 

Best thing to do is patch Veeam v10 to the latest update and then update your machine that has the console with the same update file.

Windows Server 2016 comes with IE11 and a higher version of PowerShell than the required v2. Windows Installer 4.5 is ancient so again, you’re covered by this in your more modern OS. The only manual remediation I’d anticipate is .Net as unless you’re using a different custom image by default Windows Server 2016 comes with .Net 4.6.2. So grab the latest .Net version available and you’ll be fine.

Thx you so much problem solved by update patch

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thx you so much problem solved by update patch

Thanks for letting us know :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

So great to see the community come together so fast :)

Comment