Solved

vCenter update node certificate, B&R thinks it's a new VM

• 23 December 2021
  • 6 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Good evening folks,

got a question for you, hopefully the last one before Christmas, for an “issue” I’ve got with Veeam.

B&R has a job that backups a list of vms, and that’s all good.

Then I add a vCenter in the structure, and vCenter updates all nodes’ certificate.

Ok.

At this point, B&R Console needs a refresh and it’ll see all vms as new ones.

Perfect, but.

Next backup Veeam will save them as full backup, creating a duplicate of the vm in the backup file.

Is there any way to avoid it?

icon

Best answer by Mildur 23 December 2021, 17:32

View original

6 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @marcofabbri 

vcenter and esxi hosts doesn‘t share vm ids.

It will be a full backup, when you add the vms now from the vcenter instead of the esxi host.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Yep @Mildur , but is there any way to avoid that full backup after vcenter installation?

ps. THAT’S A SUPER FAST REPLY!!!! :santa:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I‘ll try to be like Flash 😁

There is a vcenter migration utility. I‘m not sure if it works to migrate esxi to vcenter ids too.

https://www.veeam.com/kb2136

A new VM MoRef ID always means a fullbackup is needed. The utility can be used to manipulate the database entry with the new MoRef ID.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Ok, that’s what I was searching.

I saw that’s not supported, so I’ll save in bookmarks, too much rick in a production enviroiment :joy:

But mate, as already said, you are awesome. Thanks, really.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I‘ll try to be like Flash 😁

There is a vcenter migration utility. I‘m not sure if it works to migrate esxi to vcenter ids too.

https://www.veeam.com/kb2136

A new VM MoRef ID always means a fullbackup is needed. The utility can be used to manipulate the database entry with the new MoRef ID.

I will try this migration utility! Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Ok, that’s what I was searching.

I saw that’s not supported, so I’ll save in bookmarks, too much rick in a production enviroiment :joy:

But mate, as already said, you are awesome. Thanks, really.

@marcofabbri 
Thanks for your kind words :)

Comment