Skip to main content
Solved

VBR - getting error "WARN|Cannot set valid data length for '\\192.168.1.21\BR_SERVER02_CDRIVE\ABJ_SERVER02_CDRIVE\192.168.1.15\ABJ_SERVER02_CDRIVE - 192.168.1.15D2024-05-28T180719_2F0E.vbk' to 8388608, error 50: The request is not supported."

Hello, Thanks,

1. I did a fresh install of VBR on a new machine, using freshly downloaded, latest .iso
  2. i did a succesful agent backup of MACH94.
  3. Then I tried to agent backup SERVER02 and that failed.
    “5/28/2024 6:08:33 PM :: Error: The specified path is invalid.

Error: in nVctSetCtStorePath] at step p3]
    Agent failed to process method {VeeamVolumeCt.SetUserStorePath}“

6 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@asdffdsa6132 -

Do you have any double spaces in the file path?

Another option is to look at the logs in the C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Backup\<job-name>.log file to see if anything more descriptive stands out about the issue.

At the very least, you can open a case with Veeam Support.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Also @asdffdsa6132 -

I saw in the VBR v12 Release Notes, “VM virtual disk file and configuration file names cannot exceed 128 symbols”. I think your path name in your post title has more than the allowed characters. 

See:

https://www.veeam.com/veeam_backup_12_release_notes_rn.pdf

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@coolsport00, thanks, good suggestion, tho not sure if that is the issue.
note: i am able to run a backup job on another local machine. Just cannot backup SERVER02

“VM virtual disk file and configuration file names cannot exceed 128 symbols”.
note: VBR is able to create the .vbm and .vbk files for SERVER02

“Another option is to look at the logs in the C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Backup\<job-name>.log file to see if anything more descriptive stands out about the issue. “

for some reason, the forum is not letting my upload the .log file but here are some highlights.

WARN|Cannot set valid data length for '\\192.168.1.21\BR_SERVER02_CDRIVE\ABJ_SERVER02_CDRIVE\192.168.1.15\ABJ_SERVER02_CDRIVE - 192.168.1.15D2024-05-28T180719_2F0E.vbk' to 10539008, error 50: The request is not supported.
WARN|Disabling the change of valid data length for \\192.168.1.21\BR_SERVER02_CDRIVE\ABJ_SERVER02_CDRIVE\192.168.1.15\ABJ_SERVER02_CDRIVE - 192.168.1.15D2024-05-28T180719_2F0E.vbk

<35>   Error (3)    Sub-task [On-host backup] failed
<35> Error (3) Exception of type 'Veeam.Backup.Core.CAmTaskSessionFailedException' was thrown. (Veeam.Backup.Core.CAmTaskSessionFailedException)
<35> Error (3) at Veeam.Backup.Core.AgentManagement.COnHostBackupSubTask.WaitComplete(IStopSessionSync stopSessionSync)
<35> Error (3) at Veeam.Backup.Core.AgentManagement.COnHostBackupSubTask.Do(IStopSessionSync stopSessionSync)
<35> Error (3) at Veeam.Backup.Core.CEpSubTasksCoordinator.ExecuteSubTask(CSubTaskContext subTaskContext, LogStorage logStorage)

and

<30>   Error (3)    Exception of type 'Veeam.Backup.Core.CAmTaskSessionFailedException' was thrown. (Veeam.Backup.Core.CAmTaskSessionFailedException)
<30> Error (3) at Veeam.Backup.Core.AgentManagement.COnHostBackupSubTask.WaitComplete(IStopSessionSync stopSessionSync)
<30> Error (3) at Veeam.Backup.Core.AgentManagement.COnHostBackupSubTask.Do(IStopSessionSync stopSessionSync)
<30> Error (3) at Veeam.Backup.Core.CEpSubTasksCoordinator.ExecuteSubTask(CSubTaskContext subTaskContext, LogStorage logStorage)
<30> Error (3) --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
<30> Error (3) at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
<30> Error (3) at Veeam.Backup.Common.SExceptionExtensions.Rethrow(Exception exception)
<30> Error (3) at Veeam.Backup.Core.CEpSubTasksCoordinator.ExecuteSubTasks()
<30> Error (3) at Veeam.Backup.Core.AgentManagement.CEpAgentManagementJobPerformer.ExecuteTask(CEpAgentManagementTask task, CBackupJobTarget jobTarget, CHostResourcesKeeper jobHostResourcesKeeper, CBackupTaskSession taskSess, IEpAgentManagementProtocol protocol)
<30> Error (3) at Veeam.Backup.Core.AgentManagement.CEpAgentManagementJobPerformer.ExecuteTask(CEpAgentManagementTask task, CBackupJobTarget jobTarget, CHostResourcesKeeper jobHostResourcesKeeper)

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @asdffdsa6132 -

I’m not seeing anything stated differently in the logs than what I already offered you to check. At this point, I can only suggest to reach out to Veeam Support as this site, and the Forums, are not support sites. We can offer suggestions and tips on questions...but that’s as much as we can do because we’re just like you → Veeam users 🙂 Support has better log reading tools to help decipher what problem(s) they are revealing.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

“At this point, I can only suggest to reach out to Veeam Support “
thanks, I did that now

“that’s as much as we can do because we’re just like you → Veeam users 🙂”
Yeah, that is too true. I like to help when I can.

If anybody needs help with rclone, check me out at https://forum.rclone.org/u/asdffdsa/summary
1,800+ likes and 500+ solutions.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

to all, the solution was to uncompress all files inside `C:\ProgramData\Veeam`

Comment