VBO: Failed to synchronize item changes in folder: TeamsMessagesData.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12
  • On the path to Greatness
  • 1273 comments

Just a quick info:

It looks like there’s currently an issue with the mailbox backup in Veeam Backup for Office 365, which could randomly happen for a small amount of mailboxes.

Processing mailbox XYZ failed with error: Failed to synchronize item changes in folder: TeamsMessagesData.. An internal server error occurred. The operation failed., ICS synchronization failed.

The backup for most of the mailboxes is successful, but some can fail with the error message above.

Veeam is aware of this problem; they’re already working on it and are also in contact with Microsoft.

For further information you can also monitor this R&D forums post: https://forums.veeam.com/veeam-backup-for-office-365-f47/failed-to-synchronize-item-changes-in-folder-teamsmessagesdata-t77925.html

I will update this post as soon as there’s something new.

Update:

Veeam has implemented a workaround for this issue with the following patch: https://www.veeam.com/kb4235

12 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thx @regnor for sharing this. Why does MS changes all the time things and breaks things with it :thinking: ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Yes thanks for sharing and will keep an eye on this one.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thx @regnor for sharing this. Why does MS changes all the time things and breaks things with it :thinking: ?

@Nico Losschaert 

That will always be an issue. Between my colleagues, this is already a running gag. If something is not working, we are telling us, something must have changed again in the cloud 😅

I see this as the greatest challenge for all third party developers. Keeping up with Microsoft Changes. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thx @regnor for sharing this. Why does MS changes all the time things and breaks things with it :thinking: ?

@Nico Losschaert

That will always be an issue. Between my colleagues, this is already a running gag. If something is not working, we are telling us, something must have changed again in the cloud 😅

I see this as the greatest challenge for all third party developers. Keeping up with Microsoft Changes. 

Indeed @Mildur :sweat_smile: ! Thx for your feedback.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Perhaps because predictability, stability and quality aren't innovative anymore? 😉🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

There is now a private fix available. This doesn’t fix the iusse, but excludes the TeamsMessagesData folder, if an error occurs, and backups the rest of the mailbox. You can get the fix from Veeam Support.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

There is now a private fix available. This doesn’t fix the isse, but excludes the TeamsMessagesData folder, if an error occures, and backups the rest of the mailbox. You can get the fix from Veeam Support.

Thanks @regnor for the information.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

There is now a private fix available. This doesn’t fix the iusse, but excludes the TeamsMessagesData folder, if an error occurs, and backups the rest of the mailbox. You can get the fix from Veeam Support.

Thanks for sharing.

Hi! do you have the number or something? thks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi! do you have the number or something? thks!

To answer it here in the topic; I’ve just answered via PN :wink:

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Nice to know. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

There's a new CU available for VBO, which also contains the hotfix for this issue.

https://www.veeam.com/kb4235

Comment