Solved

Unable to delete credentials because they are currently in use

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
  • Veeam Vanguard, Veeam Legend
  • 192 comments

I cannot find it. It may be very old or a ghost one.  What is the easy way to figure out the “in using an object” from the VBR Management console or PowerShell? 

Or is there any way to force delete the credentils?

icon

Best answer by Chris.Childerhose 1 March 2024, 20:22

View original

12 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is it not showing anything on inventory → unstructured data, Cary?

Like here:

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I was about to say the same thing check the Inventory tab for File Shares and Unstructured Data section.  It could be used there it seems.  That screenshot to me is a File Share. 😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Is it not showing anything on inventory → unstructured data, Cary?

Like here:

nothing there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I was about to say the same thing check the Inventory tab for File Shares and Unstructured Data section.  It could be used there it seems.  That screenshot to me is a File Share. 😉

There are no file shares and Unstructured in the Inventory tab, It’s just like a Ghost. 🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

There is nothing in the Inventory for File Shares and Unstructured Data. It is just like a Ghost.🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Nothing there either. It is just like a Ghost. 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I cut a ticket to Veeam support. Hope they find a easy way to remove it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I am sure they will even DB removal.  😋

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I am sure they will even DB removal.  😋

Yes, You are right.

The request comes from the Veeam support…

“As this may require a database edit to be done, I would like to request a copy of the Veeam database be uploaded to the case for further review. Please see the following KB with instructions on how to manually back up the Veeam database: https://www.veeam.com/kb1471

Please attach the database to the case for further review once downloaded!”

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Very cool.  Glad you will be able to get it fixed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Follow-up process to solve the issue.

I got the detailed steps from Veeam support after they analyzed the database file.

1) Take a manual configuration backup within Veeam: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/vsphere/vbr_config_manually.html?ver=120

2) Take a manual backup of the database via SQL natively.

3) Close out of the Veeam console.

4) Run the following query against the Veeam database:
delete from [dbo].[Backup.Model.MruList] where id = '1C23C25E-D4AE-40DC-B50D-CEF94449941D' 

You should see 1 record affected.

5) Launch Veeam and remove the credentials.

If you are unfamiliar with SQL databases and have the same issues as I do.

The safe way is to send the VBR database to Veeam support, who will tell you how to remove the ID from the database.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Great to hear you were able to resolve the issue, Cary.  Thanks for the tips too. 😉

Comment