Userlevel 3

thank you 

Userlevel 3

when I run a backup task i receive  a warning message 

the request could not be performed because of an i/o device error

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hello @khaled depas ,
please post the complete Warning - right click on the message an select “Copy to Clipboard”. Please post the copied content here afterwards.

What type of job is this? VM Backup, Copy Job, Tape, File Backup … It looks like some kind of File Backup.

Userlevel 3

The job type is Tape and the warning: 

Task E:\Backups\Prod-DB\Prod-DBD2023-01-06T220023_889B.vbk completed with warning. Details: The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.
Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Looks like a disk related problem to me. It could be a faulty disk or a Filesystem problem with E:\ Do you see any errors in the system Eventlog?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Or a Tapedrive or Tapelibrary is not online.

Do you see in the Veeam console under “Tape Infrastructure” some offline drives or libraries?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I would suggest to check the logs in c:\programdata\veeam folder (where c: is your system drive)

The programdata folder is a hidden folder, you might need to type it in your explorer search bar

Userlevel 3

I will check  and feedback thanks for your interest 

Userlevel 3

Or a Tapedrive or Tapelibrary is not online.

Do you see in the Veeam console under “Tape Infrastrucure” some offline dives or libraries?

I will check  and feedback thanks for your interest 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I would suggest to check the logs in c:\programdata\veeam folder (where c: is your system drive)

The programdata folder is a hidden folder, you might need to type it in your explorer search bar

Definitely suggest checking here and the Backup folder as it will have another subfolder with the job name and logs.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @khaled depas, Just like @JMeixner and @regnor have suggested, the “i/o device error” is usually associated with inaccessible drivesKindly troubleshoot further as suggested by @mkevenaar 

Userlevel 3

Definitely suggest checking here and the Backup folder as it will have another subfolder with the job name and logs.

thanks for your help its working now after delete logs 

Userlevel 3

Dear all, thanks for your interest  😍

Userlevel 3

I must say a respectable community😍

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I must say a respectable community😍

+1

Comment