Surface Tension

Userlevel 2
Badge
  • Not a newbie anymore
  • 4 comments

Has anyone tried registering for the VMCE 2021 using a surface pro? Mine was temporarily goosed after the Pearson Vue test, and the mouse performance was terrible.

9 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Has anyone tried registering for the VMCE 2021 using a surface pro? Mine was temporarily goosed after the Pearson Vue test, and the mouse performance was terrible.

Which generation Surface Pro? My VMCE2020 exam last year freaked mine out as the app crashed as it was quitting, but this year was absolutely fine.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Mine’s a S Pro 7, got it Dec last year. Screens froze, the mouse pointer was like the old VM version before you put VMware tools on. And yes, the app crashed as it was quitting. Turns out it put Outlook and Edge into suspension, which survived the reboot.

I’ll do the exam on my Macbook, like I did last years!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Mine’s a S Pro 7, got it Dec last year. Screens froze, the mouse pointer was like the old VM version before you put VMware tools on. And yes, the app crashed as it was quitting. Turns out it put Outlook and Edge into suspension, which survived the reboot.

I’ll do the exam on my Macbook, like I did last years!

Thanks for sharing, I did my AZ-104 exam on a MBP and I recommend testing in advance with their tester as the latest macOS has multiple prompts for permissions for camera etc.

I did try to use a low end Surface for an MS exam last year and the CPU couldn’t deliver the constant fps required for the video feed and that caused issues, so as long as the device is decent and not bargain basement, you should be good!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Yeah, this Apple Silicon is fast, but it has introduced some gotchas.

Userlevel 2
Badge

So, did a test on my Macbook Air and it all went swimmingly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

So, did a test on my Macbook Air and it all went swimmingly.

Was that just the practice run or the real exam? If the real one how did it go???

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Jonesy : I am using surface Pro 7 and it is working fine for my exams whenever i did it with VUE.

Userlevel 2
Badge

It was just the test your kit part.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

It was just the test your kit part.

Good luck with your exam, let us know how it goes!

Comment