Solved

SSL certificate authentication error due to mismatch in Veeam client versions

Userlevel 2

Dear Community,

I’m running Veeam Backup & Replication Community Edition 9.5 and replicating offsite to a Cloud vendor. I upgraded it to Version 12 to get bug & security fixed. Upon reaching version 12 I came to know that the Cloud vendor does not support version 12, they only support 11a.

Now the I have tried to downgrade it to 11a but the Database is locked to Version 12 and is not usable.

I’m looking to rebuild on Version 11a and archiving backups. is this possible? Below are some queries and answers you might want to read. 

What is the exact upgrade and downgrade versions?

Upgrade (Current) Version: Veeam Backup & Replication 12 (12.0.0.1420 P20230223)

Downgrade Version: Veeam Backup & Replication 11a (11.0.1.1261 P20230227)

•  What Veaam components are being used?

Veeam Backup & Replication Community Edition package

•  OS details on which Veaam is installed.

Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard

•  SQL/ Database version details?

PostGRE SQL 15 / Last database backup was taken in Veeam B&R version 12.

•  What storage is being used?

Local Storage

Cloud Storage using the Service Provider option

•  Where is Veaam solution deployed ? on premises or on some cloud?

Local Storage is on host server.

Cloud Storage is off-site with Orro Group

•  What exact issue is the client facing when replicating to cloud vendor?

SSL certificate authentication error due to mismatch in Veeam client versions

•  Is it known if the Cloud vendor is using Veeam Cloud connect feature?

Yes

icon

Best answer by Chris.Childerhose 5 April 2023, 03:09

View original

8 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

What version is the Cloud Provider on for v11a?  Wondering if there is a mismatch there.

Userlevel 2

Hi Chris,

Yes cloud provider is on 11a version. 

Best Regards,

Farhan 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Chris,

Yes cloud provider is on 11a version. 

Best Regards,

Farhan 

Yes but which patch or just v11a GA release?  If your version is ahead of theirs might by why you are seeing this.  This page has the latest patch versions - https://www.veeam.com/kb4245?ad=in-text-link

Userlevel 2

Yes, cloud provider is on GA release of 11a. What is the best course of action you suggest. I should downgrade from v12 or cloud provider shall upgrade to v12. 

If i downgrade to 11a, what steps shall i follow. Would appreciate your response.

Regards,

Farhan 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Yes, cloud provider is on GA release of 11a. What is the best course of action you suggest. I should downgrade from v12 or cloud provider shall upgrade to v12. 

If i downgrade to 11a, what steps shall i follow. Would appreciate your response.

Regards,

Farhan 

Well the ideal thing would be the Cloud Provider upgrading to v12 but if they won't you need to downgrade to v11a but same release the provider is on.  The issue will be reverting your database so hopefully you have a backup or if you start fresh you are good.

Userlevel 2

Thanks Chris, this is useful information. Can you please let me know if there's any kb article that i can follow for downgrade and make sure my db stays intact with my backup jobs and history. 

Regards,

Farhan

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks Chris, this is useful information. Can you please let me know if there's any kb article that i can follow for downgrade and make sure my db stays intact with my backup jobs and history. 

Regards,

Farhan

If you are on v12 you cannot use the DB and why I said if you have a backup of the DB you will need to restore it. Otherwise you need to recreate jobs again and history is gone.  Before upgrading it is always a good idea to backup the DB and take a config backup that way you can revert if needed.

Userlevel 2

Thanks Chris, this is useful information. Let me check on both options and revert back to community thread if it resolves the issue. 

BR,

FA

Comment