Solved

Restore Files from tape

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Following this document https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/vsphere/restore_files_from_tape_objects.html?ver=110

but I did not get the same screen shot as described in the document.

icon

Best answer by JMeixner 14 June 2022, 22:28

View original

32 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hello,
is the G: drive on this server a Veeam repository? If yes, did you rescan this repository?

After you did these steps, the restored backup job files can be found under Home → Backups → Imported. If these backup are encrypted then under Encrypted instead of Imported. In this case you have to right click on the netry under  Encrypted and give the correct password to get them to Imported.

Then you can restore your client files from the restored backup files.

Please understand that this is a two step proces….

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@JMeixner From Files menu all the drives of the server is visible. Jobs are copied to G drive, but the backup jobs are written to H drive of the same backup server. So I would say it is Veeam repository.

Navigating to the backupfile: Is this correct:

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I think you have found an additional way to import the backups, but this looks good.

Try it, navigate to your desired backup file and import it. After that check which files or backups are available to restore. I never did it the way you show on your screenshots. So, i can guess that it works this way only, too…

On the other side… you could just follow the way I have described in my guide. This way is tested and used by me. 😎

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@JMeixner Status as of now the backup files are stored in 

G:\Restore\Backups\XX - Backup Job\Backups\Backups\xx - Backup Job

According to your instructions we need to import the backup file where? I selected the job in G drive. Only can see vbk file and not vib.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

As I said before, I never have tried this way you are showing here.

But the incremental backups (.vib) are dependent on the full backup (.vbk). So, I think the whole backup chain will be imported.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@JMeixner Thank you for all your patience. I have reached out to Veeam representative and they have provided support to show different options on Tape restore.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

😀 Ok, you are welcome. I hope they can help you.

It would be interesting when you post the procedure you have used and which worked for you here into this thread.

Comment