Solved

Question about Custom reports, VeeamOne

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi all,

As I am new to this community hub I would like to start with a discussion about the VeeamOne custom reporting. How cool would it be to collect all your favorite reports and send them in one file. Well, it’s possible but I am struggling a bit with the lay-out of the PDF, Excel file and Word file that will be generated by VeeamOne.

I was hoping that it would be fixed in v12 but apparently they didn’t manage or maybe even didn’t know about it.

So what is happening?

By generating a report by custom report builder, the lay-out is much different then how it is supposed to be. Every grapic, every table, summary and overview will be used on one full page. We can not send this output to our clients that contains 40 pages more then nesseccary.

I wonder if people are strugling with this issue and if there is a fix available.

icon

Best answer by kirststoner12 3 March 2023, 17:43

View original

7 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Never used the custom report generator as we use the built-in ones then clone them to change the filtering.  Not sure if you have checked on the forums also here - https://forums.veeam.com/

If no answers, there a support ticket might be in order.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Chris.Childerhose  Thanks for the reply. Yes I have searched in R&D forums but didn’t find any topic with an answer to my question. 

We are also cloning the built-in reports and changing them. I just want 1 report that contains all the built-in reports in a chosen order.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Maybe @kirststoner12 can help with this one :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

This is interesting. I have favorite reports - but I go to them for different reasons. I haven’t thought about a combined report type of report. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

@ralphrenierkens -yes, that’s the standard output of the report builder, having the data generated sequentially in a row.  I am not sure ‘why’ it specifically generates like this, but we can put in a request to make the report builder more customizable or at least raise this inquiry further.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Rick Vanover I thought it would be interesting, that is why I started the topic 😎

My favorite report needs to have following things included:

• Latest alarms: Immutibility on/off status, disabled jobs….etc. etc. (whatever is important we will setup by the VeeamOne client add is to the filters)
  • Latest job status
  • Unavailable repo’s, proxy’s…
  • Change tracking
  • Restore activities

If we can combine all these reports into one, so that it looks great, that would be amazing. but it just doesn’t I am afraid. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@kirststoner12 Thank you so much for taking some time to answer to my question.

Well if we can do a feature request, it would be much apreciated. Not only by me. 

Comment