Question

Problem open general options

Userlevel 3

Good morning friends I'm having a problem that has never happened to me, when trying to open the program options it gives me the error in the photo. Has it ever happened to anyone?

20 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @ricardofpt - can you be more specific? What are you trying to open? Where? The Console? The ‘General Options’ within the Console? Other?

Thanks!

Userlevel 3

Hi @ricardofpt - can you be more specific? What are you trying to open? Where? The Console? The ‘General Options’ within the Console? Other?

Thanks!

Hi , in the console 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Ok, thank you. Have you tried to close the Console, then reopen. Reboot your Veeam server, then login and re-attempt to get into the General Options area?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

To be honest, I’ve never seen an error like that before just trying to get into a configuration area within the Console. And I’ve used Veeam for over 10yr!

Userlevel 3

Ok, thank you. Have you tried to close the Console, then reopen. Reboot your Veeam server, then login and re-attempt to get into the General Options area?

Yes, I've restarted the server, the console, I've even installed the updates, and nothing, I can't access the options :-(

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Ok, I found this KB on the error, though it’s referring to this error in a job. Can you just attempt to do this procedure (basically, rescan any Windows servers in your Backup Infrastructure > Managed Servers area), and see if your issue is resolved?

Userlevel 3

Ok, I found this KB on the error, though it’s referring to this error in a job. Can you just attempt to do this procedure (basically, rescan any Windows servers in your Backup Infrastructure > Managed Servers area), and see if your issue is resolved?

I'll try, I'll leave feedback

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I would actually ‘rescan’ all servers you’ve added → Any virtual servers (vCenter or ESXi Hosts; Hyper-V), Windows servers, & Linux servers.

Userlevel 3

I would actually ‘rescan’ all servers you’ve added → Any virtual servers (vCenter or ESXi Hosts; Hyper-V), Windows servers, & Linux servers.

I've already done all the procedures, the error remains :-(

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Is this a new server build/Veeam install? Can you reinstall it? Can you backup your DB (Console > Menu > Configuration Database) and backup your DB in an accessible location; rebuild your server; then, import your Veeam DB and re-attempt? Although, I’m thinking the issue has to do with your DB.

You can also reach out to Support, even though you’re using the free version (it appears from your screenshot - Community Edition).

Userlevel 3

Is this a new server build/Veeam install? Can you reinstall it? Can you backup your DB (Console > Menu > Configuration Database) and backup your DB in an accessible location; rebuild your server; then, import your Veeam DB and re-attempt? Although, I’m thinking the issue has to do with your DB.

You can also reach out to Support, even though you’re using the free version (it appears from your screenshot - Community Edition).

It's been an installation for a few months now, do you know which contact I can use?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Contact?..for Support? Just go to veeam.com, hover over Support at the top, then select ‘Open a Case’. You’ll be prompted to login. You can then create a case.

Userlevel 3

Contact?..for Support? Just go to veeam.com, hover over Support at the top, then select ‘Open a Case’. You’ll be prompted to login. You can then create a case.

Ok, i will trie create a case, thanks for all

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Ok, i will trie create a case, thanks for all

Hi @ricardofpt 

when you have the solution can you post it ?
thanks

Userlevel 3

Tests :

I uninstalled, installed, replaced the BD, the problem remained;
I only managed to install it again and configure everything again.

Now after the backup an error appears:
Failed to convert the check point to the reference point
Processing finished with warnings at 09/27/2023 18:03:31

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Just a question, did you happen to modify, or delete a service account that Veeam uses?

Userlevel 3

Just a question, did you happen to modify, or delete a service account that Veeam uses?

Hello @Scott , no, the truth is that I hadn't gone to the options for a long time, and I had to go there because I needed to change a notification email and that's when I saw the error. I think that at the beginning it was advisable to put a password in the options but I had version 11, then I upgraded to 12, in this version I don't see that option, but I could also be confusing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I feel like this is a support case as well, and I’m really curious to see what the resolution is going to be.  Very odd error.  Seems like a permissions issue to me, but I’m not sure what.

hello, have you found a solution to your problem because I encounter the same problem on Veeam 12 backup and replication Enterprise . Thx

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @ricardofpt -

I just wanted to follow back here on your Console > General Options issue. Did you try to install & use the Console on a different computer? I have seen that work. There is probably an account in the Console on the server/computer you’re attempting to go into the Options with no longer accessible (my guess), and thus the error. I have seen this behavior before. If you can go into the Options from another computer, I would verify all User & Roles accounts, as well as Credentials accounts are valid.

If any of the provided comments helped you, we ask you mark which one helped as ‘Best Answer’ so others with a similar issue who come across your post may benefit. If you did something else, we ask you share what you did..again, to benefit the community, then mark your comment as ‘Best Answer’.

Thank you!

Comment