Question

powershell office 365 connection failure

• 8 February 2024
  • 9 comments

Userlevel 1

connect to powershell: connection to remote server outlook.office365.com failed with the following error message: access denied veeam office 365

9 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi, I believe you’re still using basic authentication which Microsoft have been deprecating and removing, and now your tenant has PowerShell via EWS disabled and you can’t access it this way.

Make sure you patch yourself up to the latest v7a release, and then migrate your tenant to Modern authentication 🙂

Userlevel 1

I want the essayer to install the latest version as this figure ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Cool as you’re all patched just swap to modern auth 🙂

Userlevel 1

Is this a detailed document to be translated into modern history?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

We have a KB:

KB4365: Support Statement - Exchange Online Basic Authentication Deprecation (veeam.com)

Userlevel 1

no other documentation the modern authentication configuration steps?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Under the organisations view, right click your company and edit the organisation, change basic to modern authentication and follow the steps here:

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/vbo365/guide/vbo_add_office365_org.html?ver=70

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

no other documentation the modern authentication configuration steps?

Have you clicked on the blue links in the kb article I have shared? Both links are forwarding you to our user guide where we have everything explained step by step:

Userlevel 1

thanks there is another question I started to create a storage repository in the office 365 mailbox not found any documentation how to create another datastore repository at the qnap level

Comment