Solved

Oracle Database problem

Userlevel 1

Hi to everyone

I am trying to take a backup for two disks on a physical machine (a server) with windows server. I have the next warning 

I understand that Veeam Backup cannot access to the folders that have Oracle databases and I have two questions.

Is the backup usefull in case that I need a recovery? I know that all data couldn’t be read inside the disk.

Could I give the credentials (username/password) to access Oracle databases? at the moment where I installed the windows plugin over the server I accepted the option to install Oracle RMAN plugin.

Thank you for your time and help

icon

Best answer by Chris.Childerhose 16 April 2024, 20:01

View original

3 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

If you want to ensure Oracle is backed up correctly then you need to use credentials.  Please see here about Application Aware processing - Oracle Processing Settings - Veeam Agent Management Guide

Userlevel 1

If you want to ensure Oracle is backed up correctly then you need to use credentials.  Please see here about Application Aware processing - Oracle Processing Settings - Veeam Agent Management Guide

Hi, thanks for your answer

If I don’t want to make a backup for the databases, is possible to ignore them?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

If you are using the Agent you can set this option to Disabled below.  Or turn off the Application Aware processing altogether.

Comment