Solved

OneDrive backup - How to see *what* was backed up?

• 11 October 2023
  • 6 comments

Userlevel 2

Hello, Last night our backup job took much longer then normal Looking through the job history I saw one user with 51GB of data processed. This is very much out of the norm for him. I asked the user if they had done anything or added any folders and they are not aware of anything.

My questions is, where or how can i see a log of the files processed, or even a compare feature from last nights backup to 2 days ago. I am just not able to find an easy way to see what was the 51GB that was processed.

icon

Best answer by CarySun 11 October 2023, 21:22

View original

6 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

From what I can see there are no reports in VB365 to show this.  The only things I can think of would be VONE reports now you can add VB365 servers or using the API to get the data, but I am not an expert here just yet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I understand that a visibility on the backup side would be awesome.

But in this case the first thing I’d do is to look on the Microsoft 365 side.

Other option could be to look on explorer of VB365 to find the files or content that consume this space.

Userlevel 2

I did look around in the Explorer, unfortunately the “size” column does not seem to show anything for folders. i had thought to pull up last nights, and 2 nights ago then just folder by folder compare sizes. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

You can check the below link for managing log files. you may find one that you would like to know.

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/vbo365/guide/managing_logs.html?ver=70

Userlevel 2

Thank you very much! i was able to find a log file in there that lists each file.

after 30 seconds in the correct log, it became obvious what it was the user did. 

Marked as solved. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I’m glad you were able to find the log and solve it.

Comment