Solved

No session info available on Tape properties

Userlevel 1

In version 11 we could open the properties of a tape and check on tab Jobs to see which sessions are on this particular tape. We used this to note on the case label and could keep track on which tape has the oldest data. Now we have upgraded to version 12 but this information isn't shown anymore on the Jobs tab at the Tape Properties. How can we enable this information to be shown again.

We use a HP Autoloader tape library and Veeam Backup and Replication.

icon

Best answer by BertrandFR 20 March 2023, 16:38

View original

5 comments

Userlevel 4
Badge

In version 11 we could open the properties of a tape and check on tab Jobs to see which sessions are on this particular tape. We used this to note on the case label and could keep track on which tape has the oldest data. Now we have upgraded to version 12 but this information isn't shown anymore on the Jobs tab at the Tape Properties. How can we enable this information to be shown again.

We use a HP Autoloader tape library and Veeam Backup and Replication.

Great Observation.  Thank you for mentioning this change as this is important in our environment too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

This is directly from the Veeam help site where it states you can see from the Jobs tab what is on the tapes - Viewing Data on Tapes - User Guide for VMware vSphere (veeam.com)

I will test this in my homelab to see as I have v12 with virtual tape.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

The Jobs tab is still available in my v12 install and I can see my NAS file backup jobs that are on the tape.  See below.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Indeed, info is also visible here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

If you’re looking for to see the content like before in V11, it’s not possible.

There is a topic about it on the r&d forum.

see the content of a tape in V12 - R&D Forums (veeam.com)

Comment