Skip to main content
Solved

Need help in migrating SOBR capacity tier backup from one aws account to another aws account

Cloud team has done final sync-up of the source and destination bucket , so we disabled the backup job , created one object storage repository with the new aws account and then added to the capacity tier extent of existing SOBR , but we are unable to see the synchronize data option , please help

7 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @ratnodeep 

Can you give us more information about the SOBR tier configuration the type of backup you intend to move?
And the activities you have done?
Thanks
I attach the guide for data migration:

Migrating Data - User Guide for VMware vSphere (veeam.com)

regards

Userlevel 1

i am trying to move the capacity tier from one aws account to another aws account , AWS team has already copied the data to the destination bucket , but synchronizing is not happening , following the below steps 

1. Disable the backup jobs and offloading jobs to perform a final sync to the new bucket
  2. Add a new object storage repository to the backup infrastructure by adding the new AWS account to the veeam backup server
  3. Set a new object storage repository as a capacity extent
  4. **Data need to be synchronized after this step
  5. After the synchronization is complete, the associated backup files located in object storage will become available as Imported and will be displayed in the Home view, under the Object Storage (Imported) node in the inventory pane
  6. Map the backup job to the new repository and post that all the data which were shown under the Object Storage (Imported) will come under the Object storage node in the inventory pane.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21

How did they copy the data between accounts?  If they did not use Veeam then metadata is not fully intact. You will probably need to use Veeam itself to move the data after adding the new repository.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Chris.Childerhose  , veeam itself has recommended to use third-party tool , please check the link - https://helpcenter.veeam.com/archive/backup/110/vsphere/capacity_tier_migrating.html

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @Chris.Childerhose  , veeam itself has recommended to use third-party tool , please check the link - https://helpcenter.veeam.com/archive/backup/110/vsphere/capacity_tier_migrating.html

Yes there is the tool but also the Veeam option on that page. Hopefully you get this sorted out and fixed.

Userlevel 1

it is not happening and customer license and case administrator has already left the company , please help as i am unable to get the support help also

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

it is not happening and customer license and case administrator has already left the company , please help as i am unable to get the support help also

The community is not support so you will need to contact your Veeam rep to fix the license administrator and file a support case. We can only give suggestions in the community as we are users and service providers that work with the products.

Comment