Solved

Issue with USB recovery drive booting on windows 11

Userlevel 4

I’m have question about the usb recovery drive. For some reason the recovery will not boot into the bare metal utility, it stops and shows a command window. I’m running latest windows 11 so any thoughts as to why this would be?

thanks

icon

Best answer by Rick Vanover 1 August 2022, 15:07

View original

53 comments

Userlevel 1

I’m have question about the usb recovery drive. For some reason the recovery will not boot into the bare metal utility, it stops and shows a command window. I’m running latest windows 11 so any thoughts as to why this would be?

thanks

I had the same issue, I created a veeam recovery disk on my old PC and successfully booted into the veeam bare metal recovery with that USB recovery disk.

Userlevel 1

Same Issue on HP Elitedesk 705 G5. All latest Build OS Windows 11 22H2 and Veeam Environment

Worked fine on Windows 10 latest Build  / with coexisting Linux on 2nd NVME.

Failure:

Boots to the cmd screen.

Fix:

Booting from a stick created with “Create Recovery Media) on different PC (HP Workstation) running Windows 10 starts the Recovery Environment. Luckily HP Drivers are compatible and i can access the Backup in the LAN.

PS: removing the Recovery Partition from Disk  and Replacing the Recovery Environment from Current ISO Image WINDOWS 11 did not change the unsuccessful boot.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@masterase Windows 11 22H2 is currently not supported by Veeam. It's a known issue that the recovery media doesn't work:

https://forums.veeam.com/servers-workstations-f49/windows-11-22h2-not-officially-supported-by-veeam-t83134.html

Comment