Skip to main content
Question

How to solve the problem of deleting an encrypted repository and receiving a prompt that the SQL database is unavailable?

How to solve the problem of deleting an encrypted repository and receiving a prompt that the SQL database is unavailable?
When deleting, prompt that there is a backup record in; But this shouldn't affect it

4 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @fjl -

Is the Repository assigned to any Jobs within the Console? If so, change those Jobs to point to another Repo and it should work. But, this error appears to be different than if that were the case. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@fjl,

Please open a support case for this one -- the error is not expected and will need some research -- my guess is that recently there was a migration from MSSQL to PostgreSQL for the configuration database or something similar during configuration restore, and Veeam Support will need to check this one.

Please include a copy of the Veeam configuration database on the case if your company’s export policies allow it.

Userlevel 4
Badge

To me, the message looks like you have a problem with your Veeam Configuration database.
Can you make further configurations in Veeam or is there also an error message?
Is the config backup still working?
Where is your database currently located?

The first thing I would do is simply reboot the server, but I don't think this will help.
You probably need to open a Veeam case. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Thank you Pete, but I actually don’t think we need more advices, it’s clearly a DB error. The ‘s’ at the front of the UUID should not be there, and if we counted out the characters, we would see that’s not a valid uuid.

“s4a65b8de-6820-4422-beab-b49863e48b4e”

It has one character too many, so no reboots will fix this, it needs a Support Case because it should not be possible to put such an invalid UUID in the DB nor should it return such a UUID.

Comment