Solved

How to exclude a SQL database from getting backed up so there won't be failed email messages

• 3 February 2022
  • 3 comments

Userlevel 2

I am just starting out doing Veeam SQL backups and one thing I found is I need to be able to exclude certain dBs from getting backed up in Veeam. The dBs that I do not want backed up are for dev and the dB is restored to a different server nightly so when a Veeam SQL log backup happens I’m getting the error “Collected SQL Server transaction logs do not match any existing database backup: DatabaseName” which is 100% accurate.

I do not take full backups every day so when the logs are getting backed up this particular dB does not have a full associated with the log backups.

This dB would not need to get backed up at all.

icon

Best answer by MattM 3 February 2022, 17:30

View original

3 comments

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

You can exclude SQL DBs from application aware processing and/or SQL Log backups but be aware that the databases will still be included in the image backups. So you will not see a reduction in the image backup sizes when excluding DBs from processing.

Description of how exclusions can be configured:

Enable SQL Database exclusions from application-aware image processing

How to exclude MS SQL Databases from SQL Log backup

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @BassFisher 

This should help enable the DB Exclusion option if not already shown in Veeam and then you can specify databases to exclude from being backed up like the DEV one you mentioned.

KB2110: Enable SQL Database exclusions from application-aware image processing (veeam.com)

Hope this helps.

This is what shows when enabled -

Userlevel 2

Thanks, I’ll check that out and it will sure help.

Comment