Solved

Help in Customized Backup Schedules for 10 days Full Backup

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi All,

I am wondering if there is a way to schedule a Full Backup (Acrive or Synthaatic) to be every 10 days ? instead of weekly or monthly bases. My goal is to have daily incrementals and full backup every 10 days so I played with all schedule options but couldn't achieve it so I feel I am missing something or this is not possible on veeam as I used to do it in other vendors.

Let me know if this configuration is possible in VBR.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Mahmood.Alganadi 11 February 2024, 13:39

View original

11 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @Mahmood.Alganadi -

Unfortunately, at this point, scheduling an occasional full is not as granular as you're needing it to be. 

You can request a feature enhancement in the forums. Maybe the ability will be added in a future release. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The only way to do this is to run a powershell script to create the Full in a Windows scheduled task every 10 days. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Thanks @coolsport00 for quick response. I will do.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Sure...no problem. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Do you have a  kind of script or a guide to do that coz I am not that good in Powershell scripts.

I appreciate your support.

Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I don't...sorry. But, I think you would need to use the New-vbrFullBackupOptions cmdlet as shown in the Veeam PoSH reference

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

There was another similar post a few months ago. See if this works for you

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Do not use the VBRComputerJob cmdlet though...that is for an Agent backup job. Unless of course it is for an Agent backup. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Thanks for your guidance bro.

I found a detailed article that explained it step by step in below link :

http://blog.dewin.me/2014/03/get-even-more-control-over-your-veeam.html

It’s an old blog post but I think that’s what I am trying to reach and I will give it a try.

Thanks again for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Prefect...yes. Tim is a reliable resource. Use the Active.ps1 script in a Windows scheduled task as I (&Tim) shared above. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

That is a great post by Tim for sure.  Glad you found this and shared it too as I had forgotten about it. 😂

Comment