Failed to call RPC function

• 27 September 2022
  • 8 comments

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi Team,

Please assist how can I resolve the below warning error. Thanks in advance.

Failed to mount volume C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\rqrpnxwo.gbm Details: Failed to call RPC function 'FcCheckFilesystemIsAccessible': The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.

8 comments

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi and welcome to the community!

Could you please provide more details about which product you’re using, what you are trying to achieve and where/when exactly you encounter this error message?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi MattM, 

Thank you for the prompt reply.

I’m a newbie on Veeam, the above error occurs on one of our replication jobs. The replication completes successfully and with the warning.                                                                                                       (

Failed to mount volume C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\rqrpnxwo.gbm Details: Failed to call RPC function 'FcCheckFilesystemIsAccessible': The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.

We are currently on Veeam Backup & Replication 11.0.0.837

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

I think you should open a support ticket for this issue. The error message looks weird to me in the context of a replication job.

Badge

Hi,

Check veeam`s user permission to the Hyper-V/ESXi. If you use Hyper-V check last security updates for Windows Server 2016/2019 and update virtual machine when installed Veeam console.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi,

I’d suggest you check if the file still exists firstly. It’s your C:\WINDOWS\TEMP folder which normally would be skipped. Assuming this is an error within a VM processing, and not a proxy/repository throwing the error.

Which server gives this warning, and is it a veeam server, or a VM.

If it’s just a temp file that has wacky permissions, I’d suggest excluding it:

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/vsphere/guest_file_exclusion.html?ver=110

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Also to add to what others have said another thing you might want to do is update your installation to the latest patch 11a.  This might also help and will be recommended by support.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Good morning,

Thank you so much for the above resolutions, the issue has been fixed and it was software related to the latest patch. Much appreciated for all the help. :)

Warm regards.

Brian

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Good morning,

Thank you so much for the above resolutions, the issue has been fixed and it was software related to the latest patch. Much appreciated for all the help. :)

Warm regards.

Brian

Glad to hear the patch fixed it. 😉

Comment