i make sure username and accont and turn off firewall 

icon

Best answer by JMeixner 22 December 2020, 13:06

View original

11 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hello Ahmed,

did you make sure you can connect to the admin share (for example, \\Server Name\admin$) with the same credentials as provided to Veeam Backup?

Do you use a local administrator accout for the maschine or a domain account? Local Accounts are not allowed to access the administrative shares by default…. Then you have to add a key to the registry.

Userlevel 4

Hello Ahmed,

did you make sure you can connect to the admin share (for example, \\Server Name\admin$) with the same credentials as provided to Veeam Backup?

Do you use a local administrator accout for the maschine or a domain account? Local Accounts are not allowed to access the administrative shares by default…. Then you have to add a key to the registry.

hi jmeixner

yes i can to admin share

i am using account are local admin and domain account 

but i dont understand key to registy ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

If it doesn’t work with a domain user either then this is not the problem…

You say a connection to \\Server Name\admin$ is successful with this user, is it to \\IP Address\admin$, too? If not, you probable are using some Windows hardening…

Another proble could be an active local Windows firewall… This happened to me sometime ago, the admins did not switch it off and nothing worked...

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Question: if you open a remote desktop connection to the backup server, can you open the file explorer and open the share from there?

Could you post the log output?

Userlevel 4

You say a connection to \\Server Name\admin$ is successful with this user, is it to \\IP Address\admin$, too? If not, you probable are using some Windows hardening…

Another proble could be an active local Windows firewall… This happened to me sometime ago, the admins did not switch it off and nothing worked...

i took backup without application add ware was succeesed !!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I assume the target server is Windows? Which windows version is it?

Userlevel 4

Windows server 2016

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

A “simple” VM Backup is executed via VMWare ode Hyper-V, you don’t have to logn to the VM for this.

An application aware backup requires login to the target maschine with specified rights and a list of ports which have to be open.

Are you able to “ping” the server from the backup server?

Userlevel 4

A “simple” VM Backup is executed via VMWare ode Hyper-V, you don’t have to logn to the VM for this.

An application aware backup requires login to the target maschine with specified rights and a list of ports which have to be open.

Are you able to “ping” the server from the backup server?

Userlevel 4

problem solved by deleted backup Respository and Created New Backup job and Format hard desk

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi guys, in many cases this kind of error is UAC, in other cases you need to use the user format of AD upn suffix myuser @ mydomain or vmware tool not updated

Comment