Solved

error with hiper-v

Userlevel 4

Hi team:

I have a problem with 2 hyper-v hosts that I added to the veeam backup.
In 1 the host IP had been changed. The josbs were removed and created from scratch. Now, when executing the job, the message "Unable to allocate processing resources. Error: On-host proxy [<Hiper-V name>] requires upgrade before it can be used." appears. I have a rscan over then host and its finished with warnings.
In the second hypervisor, this was added directly with the name, but when executing the job, the message "Failed to connect to endpoint <vbr-server>:2500" appears. An error occurred during the connection attempt as the connected party did not respond properly after a period of time".

How can i solve this?
It should be said that I do not have a defined proxy and it is automatic.

Greetings,

icon

Best answer by jmaticurena 5 February 2024, 15:37

View original

18 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

For the first problem go through the properties dialog in the VBR console and if anything requires updating Veeam will do it.

For the second problem check credentials being used to ensure they are correct and proper format.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

It appears your HV Host needs its Veeam components/services to be upgraded. You recently upgraded your Veeam server? If you go to VBR Console > Managed Servers, then rt-click on the Host, go into its Properties and it should upgrade the components automatically.

For the connection issue, do you have any ports (2500?) being blocked? Are you using proper username format for credentials? e.g. DOMAIN\USER , or if using a local admin acct: LOCALHOSTNAME\USER. Also, verify DNS is properly updated with the new IP given to the HV Host.

Userlevel 4

The VBR is new installed and  both hiper-v host are standalone type.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

And, you added the HV Hosts as Managed Servers in VBR? Have you reviewed the Guide on how to add them here and here? I also recommend reviewing system requirements to make sure you have proper resources and components installed before adding. Doesn’t hurt to also make sure you’re using proper permissions.

Userlevel 4

I followed the steps in the guide when adding the hosts. Now, there was a change in the IP of a host and now that a job has been created, it does not work due to the off-host error. According to what I read, it was because the Veeam database still records the previous IP. So how can it be corrected?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

So, you’ve added the HV Hosts by IP and not by hostname?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

if you have jobs which use these Hosts as Proxies explicitly, you could temporarily change the Jobs to ‘Automatic’ instead, remove the Proxy, then remove the Managed Server; then, re-add them as a Managed Server and Proxy. Then, if you want to configure your Jobs to again use explicit Proxy settings, reconfigure your Jobs to use the Proxy explicitly.

Userlevel 4

The first host was by IP, a backup was made and it worked. then add the second but by name. Then the IP of host 1 was changed and that's where it stopped working. The previous job was deleted and I created a new job.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

First off, it would be nice, and is recommended to add servers by hostname, unless there’s some dire need to have Hosts added differently by IP then hostname. It just brings continuity to your environment. Have you tried to remove the problem IP-added Host, then re-add it? And, after doing so, if successful, confirm your Job(s) run ok?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

If you have, and are still receiving the error, I recommend reaching out to Veeam Support as, as you stated, there may be some configuration database manipulation needing performed.

Userlevel 4

I attach the images with the error as such as an extra addition

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I attach the images with the error as such as an extra addition

This is great but what Shane was referring to is contacting Technical Support.  This community is not technical support.

Userlevel 4

update:

I restarted the VBR. The host with the IP problem is already working. I am going to send the other one as a ticket.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

update:

I restarted the VBR. The host with the IP problem is already working. I am going to send the other one as a ticket.

Glad to hear you got one working.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

update:

Awesome. Glad to hear @jmaticurena 

Userlevel 4

update:

The other host was in other subnet. I enable the ports on the firewall and success.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Great to hear you resolved the issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@jmaticurena - nice! Glad you got it all working. And thanks for sharing what you did to do so.

Comment