Error with deploy ubuntu server repo inmutable

Userlevel 2

Hello, I am trying to install an ubuntu server on version 22.04.1 or 22.04.2 without thier I get error "Permission denied Error creating directory /backups/repo001/backups/ agent could not process method
FileSystem.DirectoryCreate"

Has anyone happened to you?

9 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Just based on the errors it seems to be permissions related but without more details on your environment and what specifically you are trying to do it is very hard to make suggestions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @infraestructuraNX - I'm pretty sure v22. 04 isn't officially supported. But I think it can still be used.

What I used to get my VHR going was this 2pt post series by Paolo. See if this helps. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

And, I concur with Chris about your error. My guess would be the user you're using to configure your Repo with doesn't have appropriate (sudo?) permissions. 

Userlevel 2

Thanks for the prompt response.

One additional query I am using this veemhubrepo

1sudo wget -O ./veeamhubrepo.deb https://github.com/tdewin/veeamhubrepo/releases/download/v0.3.1/veeamhubrepo_noarch.deb
2 sudo apt-get install ./veeamhubrepo.deb
3sudo veeamhubrepo

What does it do more automatically, what I have to do is the permissions, the serious query is it recommended to use this type of wizard?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

If you are really looking to deploy Linux Hardened Repo, I would suggest the ISO file instead from here - All-Demo Session for Veeam Hardened Repository Playlist from VeeamON | Veeam Community Resource Hub

This works much better. Never used that GitHub repo myself.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

With the ISO file you just create a 100GB drive for OS and then a larger one for your repository drive and the ISO file will do everything for you.  Watch the video too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Tim is pretty well known in the Veeam realm, but I hadn’t known he created a script. I recommend the version Chris posted, as that is the one I was gonna share as well. 😊

Userlevel 2

Thanks for the answers they helped me a lot

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Probably you didnt chown the /backups/repo001 folder to the user Veeam is configured to use.

Comment