Solved

Connection actively refused

Userlevel 4
I'm trying to recover files in my backup using console -> Restore guest files -> Microsoft Windows...and it is giving the following message:- Connection Problems: No connections can be made because the target machine has actively refused them.and then another window opens with the following error:- Mount wasn't foundUntil last month it was working normally. What can it be?
icon

Best answer by Chris.Childerhose 3 October 2022, 18:11

View original

20 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi,
DNS resolution is ok from both sides?

And has your user the right to login to the target server?

Userlevel 4

Hi,ย 

where can i check this option?
Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi,ย 

where can i check this option?

Open a Windows commandline. Then nslookup with the IPs of the VBR server and the target system. Then check if the expected names are given.

Userlevel 4
both are ok, yes I have access to the destination folder.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@SeguraTIย 

Try verirfy if redoing the repository wizard.
You should be able to rte-set the mount point to mount your backup.

Between the repository server and the mount server is there a Firewall?

regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

May I ask which Windows version, Veeam Agent Version and VBR version you are using?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Another thing to check is what server are you using for your mount server for restores and is there enough space on the OS drive as it is there a temp folder is created to mount the restore point.

Userlevel 4

@Link Stateย 

yes, i have a Sonicwall firewall
Userlevel 4

@JMeixnerย 

is my computer with Windows 7 professional, VBR 11.0.1.1261 P20211123
Userlevel 4

@Chris.Childerhoseย 

the Server is my own pc

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@JMeixner

Try upgrading to the latest patch as that is an older version from last year.ย  Latest patch is here -ย KB4245: Release Information for Veeam Backup & Replication 11a Cumulative Patches

See if that helps at all.

Userlevel 4

@JMeixner

Try upgrading to the latest patch as that is an older version from last year.ย  Latest patch is here -ย KB4245: Release Information for Veeam Backup & Replication 11a Cumulative Patches

Ok, I will also migrate the server to a better machine, then I install the latest version.
I will migrate the server today, if the error occurs, I will contact you again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@JMeixner

Ok, I will also migrate the server to a better machine, then I install the latest version.
I will migrate the server today, if the error occurs, I will contact you again.

Sounds good.ย  We are here to help so hopefully the switch makes things work.ย ๐Ÿ˜Š

Userlevel 4
Good afternoon, is there a way to export the settings from my old VBR server to the new one?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Good afternoon, is there a way to export the settings from my old VBR server to the new one?

Yes you do a configuration backup and then restore that on the new server.ย  See here -ย Configuration Backup and Restore - User Guide for VMware vSphere (veeam.com)

Userlevel 4
guys it worked!!!! It was just updating the version. So I need to change the default backup repository, the problem is that it is gray, I can't change it. What is the location that changes this option? I'm on the Backup Infrastructure tab.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Did you restore the configuration backup?

Are the repositories from the old server available under the same path on the new server?

Otherwise you have to redefine them and import the backups on the repositories.

The default backup repository is just the automatically defined repository during the VBR installation. You cannot delete is before there are other repositories defined.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
guys it worked!!!! It was just updating the version. So I need to change the default backup repository, the problem is that it is gray, I can't change it. What is the location that changes this option? I'm on the Backup Infrastructure tab.

Glad an update worked ๐Ÿ˜‰

What are you trying to change?

Userlevel 4

@Chris.Childerhoseย @JMeixnerย @Link Stateย 

I managed to solve it. Thank you so much to everyone involved for your help, may we all have a great week.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Chris.Childerhoseย @JMeixnerย @Link Stateย 

I managed to solve it. Thank you so much to everyone involved for your help, may we all have a great week.

Glad you got it solved.ย  Remember to mark one of the answers in the thread that helped the most (not just the first oneย ๐Ÿ˜‰)

Comment