Solved

Characther limit?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Guys,

I’m trying to create a new content in the “Blog and Podcast” section, but looks like I reach some limit. I don’t know if it’s a characther limit (around 1650 words) or image (50 images).

Anyone know if we have a limit in the platform to create a single post?

icon

Best answer by safiya 16 August 2023, 20:23

View original

10 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I’ve had issue with limits before.  I’d check in with @Madi.Cristil or @safiya as they should be able to override that as I understand it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @wesmrt - I think the issue you’re experiencing is what happened to me before. Maybe you created your content first in a Word doc?...then, copied it all...including images...into your Blog here? If so, that is the issue. Specifically, when you copy/paste from a post WITH IMAGES into the Community Hub.

If you copy/paste just your words, then add your images individually, you should be fine. Tedious, I know...but it is what it is for now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It would be awesome if their can help.
I’m creating a step-by-step about how to use SureBackup with vSphere backups and it’s big 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

hey Wesley! there is a character limit. if the texts/images are copied & pasted from a different doc, it will say it reached the character limit without actually reaching the character limit.

happy to help you further. feel free to send me a message so we can get it posted. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @wesmrt - I think the issue you’re experiencing is what happened to me before. Maybe you created your content first in a Word doc?...then, copied it all...including images...into your Blog here? If so, that is the issue. Specifically, when you copy/paste from a post WITH IMAGES into the Community Hub.

If you copy/paste just your words, then add your images individually, you should be fine.

When we were doing the Sysadmin stories, I had issues with a nondescript error.  I figured it was probably length and ended up putting it on my blog and linking to it.  The post was created in the community posting, so I’m not sure what else would have been the issue, but an actual error would have been nice.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Good to know @safiya . Rick shared with me about the copy/paste of images a while ago; but, didn’t know you all could ‘fix’ it so I could. Eh well 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

It would be awesome if their can help.
I’m creating a step-by-step about how to use SureBackup with vSphere backups and it’s big 😂

Looking forward to this posting.  SureBackup (and SureReplica) are such awesome features that are so underutilized!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you copy/paste just your words, then add your images individually, you should be fine. Tedious, I know...but it is what it is for now.

I imagined that this was the problem, Shane. Then, I copied only the word and upload each image separately, but same problem :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Good to know @safiya . Rick shared with me about the copy/paste of images a while ago; but, didn’t know you all could ‘fix’ it so I could. Eh well 😊

we can always try posting for you. sometimes it’s bigger than the images/words, and we might need to contact Support from Gainsight’s side. just let us know anytime it happens! 😅

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

hey Wesley! there is a character limit. if the texts/images are copied & pasted from a different doc, it will say it reached the character limit without actually reaching the character limit.

happy to help you further. feel free to send me a message so we can get it posted. 

I had this same issue.  I now copy text and use the insert image button in the toolbar to put the images in.  Then you don’t hit the limit.  😎

Comment