Solved

Cannot create or load meta-file

Userlevel 2
  • Not a newbie anymore
  • 5 comments

Hello,

Getting the following error while trying to run the backup copy job:

“Processing “Server Name” Error: Cannot create or load meta-file "D:\VBRCatalog\Publications\Upload\66f61108-b62d-467c-845f-fc111d0b9223\PubCommands.txt". Open mode: EMtfLoad
File "D:\VBRCatalog\Publications\Upload\66f61108-b62d-467c-845f-fc111d0b9223\PubCommands.txt" does not exist.  ”

I checked out the path. There’s nothing in the Upload folder. It’s empty. Please let me know what might cause this? 

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by coolsport00 18 April 2024, 20:59

View original

11 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

What version of Veeam are you using?  Also if you check the logs they should give you a better indication of what the copy job is doing - C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Backup\

Userlevel 2

We are using the Veeam 12.1.1.56. There are multiple files inside the  C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Backup\”Backup Job Name”.

Which one should I check?

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

We are using the Veeam 12.1.1.56. There are multiple files inside the  C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Backup\”Backup Job Name”.

Which one should I check?

Thanks.

The folder with your job name. 😉

Userlevel 2

Yeah, I looked there. There are 7 log files there. I checked the latest one for the task and seems like the error started right after the “ Making catalog manager notification” and the error is:

“ Unable to import uploaded publications. (System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[System.ServiceModel.ExceptionDetail])”

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @sghosh -

Can you check to see if you have a C:\VBRCatalog folder on your Veeam server? I found a reddit post where another user got the same error as you, and he ended up using the below Veeam KB to resolve his issue:
https://www.veeam.com/kb1453

Only try this if for some reason you did move your VBRCatalog folder from its default location, or is not the root folder of a drive. And, if you did move it and are going to use the KB process to recreate your VBRCatalog folder, after you stop all Veeam services, I’d take a snapshot of your VBR server before attempting the fix....if it’s a VM.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Yeah, I looked there. There are 7 log files there. I checked the latest one for the task and seems like the error started right after the “ Making catalog manager notification” and the error is:

“ Unable to import uploaded publications. (System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[System.ServiceModel.ExceptionDetail])”

Ok if there is nothing obvious in the logs to help then I suggest you move to a Support ticket at this point.  The community is not technical support so we can only help as best we can.  Once you have a support ticket you can also post in the Forums as well for further assistance - https://forums.veeam.com

Let us know what happens.

Userlevel 2

Hi @sghosh -

Can you check to see if you have a C:\VBRCatalog folder on your Veeam server? I found a reddit post where another user got the same error as you, and he ended up using the below Veeam KB to resolve his issue:
https://www.veeam.com/kb1453

Only try this if for some reason you did move your VBRCatalog folder from its default location, or is not the root folder of a drive. And, if you did move it and are going to use the KB process to recreate your VBRCatalog folder, after you stop all Veeam services, I’d take a snapshot of your VBR server before attempting the fix....if it’s a VM.

Hello @coolsport00,

You got it right. I moved my VBRCatalog file to C: drive and then moved it back to D:. I am going to try the kb1453 and let you know if it fixes the issue.

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@sghosh - ok...please keep us posted!

Userlevel 2

Issue is fixed. Backup copies are running successfully now.

Followed the article, and recreated the share and customized permissions.

Thank you all for the support.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Issue is fixed. Backup copies are running successfully now.

Followed the article, and recreated the share and customized permissions.

Thank you all for the support.

Great to hear you were able to fix the issue with the KB shared.  👍🏼

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Glad to hear it resolved your issue @sghosh 

Comment