I’m currently trying to figure out exactly how to acheive my backup strategy in Veeam and am scratching my head a little bit… Essentially I want to do the following:
- Run incremental backups weekly to disk
- Once verified write these backups to tape and delete the files on disk - These should be written to the weekly set in a GFS media pool
- Once a month perform a full backup
- Once verified, write these backups to tape and delete the files on disk - These should be written to the monthly set in a GFS media pool.
- As above for yearly backups.
How does one achieve this? I’m a bit confused by the job configuration process as to how the tape jobs “know” which backup run to write to each type of tape?
Any help would be gratefully received.
Best answer by JMeixnerView original