Solved

Backup VM replicated with vsphere replication

Userlevel 3

For an our customer I will have to integrate the backup of VM replicated by vSphere replication software, some one have tried to do this ? There are known issue or limitation ?

Thanks  

Luca

icon

Best answer by LucaDM 15 November 2022, 15:53

View original

8 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi,

To confirm:

You’ve got a VM that you’re replicating via vSphere Replication, and you want to backup the replicated copy of the VM with Veeam?

Userlevel 3

yes I confirm

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hello, I never try this. I know it’s possible to backup a replica create with Veeam with some recommendations.

• CBT cannot be utilized when backing up replica VMs
  • Make sure replication jobs do not overlay with your backup ones. Otherwise, multiple issues will be expected
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

You can run in to issue backing up VMs that have vSphere Replication enabled on them.  I am trying to find the post on the community where someone was getting an error during backup and when I do I will post it.  But as per Stabz those things apply.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Found the post from another user that had issues with SRM -

My Veeam backup is failed with an error | Veeam Community Resource Hub

Userlevel 3

Hello, I never try this. I know it’s possible to backup a replica create with Veeam with some recommendations.

• CBT cannot be utilized when backing up replica VMs
  • Make sure replication jobs do not overlay with your backup ones. Otherwise, multiple issues will be expected

thanks' Stabz, I hope soon to been able to doing an test, I will update you asap , many thank’s for your suggestions.

Userlevel 3

precious information many thank’s Chris

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

precious information many thank’s Chris

Not a problem at all.  Let us know how things go.

Comment