Question

backup sap hana database using veeam 12

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
  • Comes here often
  • 35 comments

I have an issue while doing backup database SAP hana using veeam 12. Plug-in managed by veeam console. 

hdbsql error: * 258: insufficient privilege: detailed info for this error can be found with guid '052eb08c6d5a6d4fa48cd1a663f49699' sqlstate: hy000

6 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @dika - not too familiar with SAP Hana plugin myself, but from the output of your error, I’d say you have some service account permission issue you’re using with the plugin. I’d also take a look at the logs on the VBR server in C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Backup , with the folder of the job name you’re having issue with to check if you can see anything more definitive/detailed what the issue may be.

If all else fails, you can certainly post a question in the forums, and/or open a case with Veeam Support.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @dika - not too familiar with SAP Hana plugin myself, but from the output of your error, I’d say you have some service account permission issue you’re using with the plugin. I’d also take a look at the logs on the VBR server in C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Backup , with the folder of the job name you’re having issue with to check if you can see anything more definitive/detailed what the issue may be.

If all else fails, you can certainly post a question in the forums, and/or open a case with Veeam Support.

I think Shane has it covered as it seems to be permissions related based on the message.  Best of luck solving it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Has it been working, or is this a new setup?  Permissions issues seem less likely after an existing setup that was already working stops, but it that would lead me to check for disable accounts, updates, etc...something that could have changed permissions.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

i guess, it's about permission on sap database because in this case there are 3 databases that will be backed up by veeam,  which mean it's using multitenant databases on sap.

So Does veeam have to run backup job for each databases that would be backed up if each database admin is different ? 

Last result of trying back up sap hana : 

SYSTEMDB -> success,

BC5 -> failed,

BC6-> failed 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @dika  - did you ever get this figured out? I came back across this via another post. Based off your last comment, it looks like you needed different jobs based off different DB credentials? Did you have Support assist?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @dika -

Just following up again and wondering if you ever got your SAP HANA DB error sorted?

Comment