Solved

Backup of physical veeam fails after update V11 to V12

Userlevel 4

Hi,

I would like to know if someone else had a issue after upgrading V11 to V12.

The machine itself is also added to a Physical Veeam group who is taking backup of himself.

Since the update it mentions that there are communication issues between both (same) servers.

I have a case with Veeam, but they do not respond already for 2 days, what is odd.

I do not want to investigate myself any longer, just curious if there is a simular case or experience with it with other members.

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by mike.beirens 13 July 2023, 15:55

View original

5 comments

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Just to be sure - you take a backup of a phisycal VBR server with a veeam agent?
Not the best way - especially when this happens during a VBR Backup Job.

The Best, and in my Opinion the “only” good way is to take a Veeam config backup and may replicate this to many targets. Than you don’t need any Agent Backup.

Regards

Matze

Userlevel 4

Hi, I know, but it was configured (before me) and operational untill that update.

If no solution is coming, then I gonna leave it like that :)

Configuration backup is taken, so there I cannot loose stuff.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

As noted the agent is the best method but if you are not troubleshooting then best to wait on support.  You can always try posting in the forums but they require the support case number - https://forums.veeam.com

Userlevel 4

I did replace object with the same object, just not with FQDN this time, as it would be duplicate entry, and that fixed my problem. I assume the trust must be created again.

Greetz, Mike

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Glad you figured it out and got it fixed.

Comment