Solved

Ask about File to tape on Veeam

Userlevel 4

Hi team:

I have a question about the next:

I have a windows server that contains certain files that I want to backup to veeam.
I have already done it with the veeam agent and I have no problems. However, I want to copy the same files to tape.
I have read the information about File - to - tape option but how do I apply it without in my case I have a single tape drive which is already backing up VMs.

Regards,

icon

Best answer by Chris.Childerhose 12 January 2024, 18:21

View original

4 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

If your VBR server is managing the tape device then the easiest way to move the Agent files to tape would be to have the VBR server manage the agent and send to a Repository on the Veeam server then you can send those files to tape.

If I misunderstood please add more details.

Userlevel 4

Hi Chris:

More details: I have the agent installed on my server and it is not managed by the VBR. From the VBR I only pass the policies to the agent.

Regards,

Userlevel 4

Which is the most recommended option, making these backups on a new tape or keeping them on the tape where the VMs are copied?

Regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Which is the most recommended option, making these backups on a new tape or keeping them on the tape where the VMs are copied?

Regards,

That is all dependent on what you prefer to do.  If you want them separate put them on a new tape.

Comment