Solved

Adding Azure Blob Folder

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I’m trying to set up an external repository in CE12.  I was able to create the container ‘backups’ and I can see it when I go through the repository wizard in Veeam BUT the wizard requires a folder as well as a container.  For the life of me I can’t figure out how to create a folder in the container.  Any help?

icon

Best answer by Mildur 1 March 2023, 18:34

View original

8 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Is there not a new folder button in the Select Folder window you have on top of the other one?  I know typically there is for other storage you add to Veeam?

Userlevel 1

Nada.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Nada.

So, did you do what it says if you don’t see folders?  Configure in VBR the repository for Azure?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I have seen this on a non compliant S3 repository during my V12 RTM testing but it worked in V12 GA. I do not use the CE version though:).

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I think that it could be happening because some permissions are missing on Azure account that you are using.

But first of that, what option are you using on VBR console?

Take sure you are on Backup Repositories. Not External Respositories!

Userlevel 1

Once I kicked off the wizard in BR instead of ER, I was able to create the folder.  The issue now is that it’s telling me that I have to have Enterprise in order to send a backup job to the new repository.  This is a TINY customer with a single Windows server.  It looks to me like the smallest edition available is $35.53/mo plus the cost of cloud storage, is that right?  Is there a more economical way to accomplish the goal of sending backups offsite? Thanks for the help so far! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Once I kicked off the wizard in BR instead of ER, I was able to create the folder.  The issue now is that it’s telling me that I have to have Enterprise in order to send a backup job to the new repository.  This is a TINY customer with a single Windows server.  It looks to me like the smallest edition available is $35.53/mo plus the cost of cloud storage, is that right?  Is there a more economical way to accomplish the goal of sending backups offsite? Thanks for the help so far! 

Which license do you have now for this customer?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

You have two options:

• You are a service provider. Use your rental licenses to provide backup services to this customer. If you aren‘t registered yet, please do so. When rental is used, a single rental license can be used to license this customer.
  • This customer must buy a VUL 5er package (400-500$/year)

If the customer is using the free CE edition (as you told us in your first post), you are not allowed by our EULA to provide him any services (consulting, implementation, support). He must be licensed.

By the way, external repositories are not used as a target for VM or Agent Backup Jobs. They are used to copy backups from our Veeam Backup for Public Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) products to your local VBR server.

Best,

Fabian

Comment