LinkedIn Data Breach

• 9 November 2023
  • 5 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hey,
As we are many to use this social media, I think it’s important to inform you than data of 35M LinkedIn users freely shared on Hacking Forum.

In the latest leak, the user ‘USDoD’ is offering the “Full” LinkedIn database for free, which allegedly contains 35 millions lines. They claim the database shows emails, profile data, phones, full names, and more confidential info.

If you want more informations : https://www.troyhunt.com/hackers-scrapers-fakers-whats-really-inside-the-latest-linkedin-dataset/

I recommend that you change your LinkedIn password quickly.

Below you'll find a list of best practices in social networking security 

1.    Protect access to your account ( Password quality and MFA)
2.    Check your privacy settings
3.    Control your posts (Don't publish sensitive information that could be used by an attacker)
4.    Be careful who you talk to
5.    Control third-party applications
6.    Avoid public computers and Wifi networks
7.    Regularly check connections to your account
8.    Be discerning with published information
9.    Conscientiously use authentication with your social network account on other sites.
10.  Delete your account if you no longer use it.

5 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks for sharing this as that is pretty scary.  I always use 2FA on every account that I can with my authenticator app (Authy).  I also ensure passwords for accounts are strong and some of them I have 40-character passwords too like Facebook and LinkedIn.  😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I’m going to start needed a unique Email account set up for every site soon along with MFA. Maybe a unique obfuscated last name and address too. lol

It’s crazy how frequent this is becoming and how bad account/password hygiene still is. 

I’ve done several password audits recently and cracking only gets easier with recent GPU’s.  

Scary stuff.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks for the heads up. Now off to change my password. This is a good reminder to always choose the MFA options when available!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Again!? That is not cool😒

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

turned on MFA as well. A pain but such is the modern world.

Comment